Mental Health Forums

Does It Bother You?

Betsy

i have noticed that i have this habit of adding lots of dots........ i think it is begining to bug me. no one else does it and i think i do it because that is how my mind works. now i am not sure if it is the dots bothering me or just because i think in that disconnected way. then i start to get paranoid people wont know what i mean and maybe they dont. i will have to fixate on this for a while. it would be really hard to change my typing style. also i have noticed that i have been on here so much that my speach patterns are starting to resemble the same choppy style. maybe this whole thing is just me beginning to unravel.

excuse this stream of consious drivel.

bets

I like the dots. They encourage more thought in that direction.

I don't know if I know what you mean when you put dots, but I know it means that there are things that follow that thought.

hi betsy,

i do it alot too always have, not sure why though...

it doesnt bug me YET.. maybe i should try and figure out why i do it.. well one day i will...

try not to worry about it too much

hugs n happiness

star xx

I always type with those dots...it's just the way I learned...I always thought it softened the words you use...giving that trial off, you know?...for me, it's my thoughts...every point where there are dots, I paused to think what to say...cause I nervously tap that key when I'm thinking...I've had like "............................." when I really can't think....then I had to go back and edit it and stuff...anyways...I've tried to change how I type, cause I really hate it...but it's like all my habits, can't seem to get it to go away...and yeah, it could be disconnected thoughts...cause my thoughts....my speech....it's all like...fragmented, most of the time no one understands what I say...I have to repeat myself and stuff...anyways...now I'm getting nervous about what I'm typing... :unsure: ...so I'd better end this...

dots dots everywhere.....I love dots............................................................................

hehehehehehe more dots...yippee.............dots ...dots......dots...........

I............like..........dots...........okay.............? ..................

because.......that..........is.....how..I......type.........a.......lot........o

f.........

the........time..........also..........Betsy.........so........no.........sweat.

lol. While I try to use ellipses (or dots ;) ) sparingly, I think that they're a sign of a thoughtful mind.

..... i had learned to overcome my addiction to dots .... but... since josh doesnt like them... and all you cool people do like them.... i will continue to use them!

....j.o.s.h....

....i read the rules... no u didnt ban them....

bets

Dots are definately good....they make it easier to write.....u don't have to do full sentences. But, like u Betsy....I think I do it cos thats the way I think....my brain doesn't seem to be able to finish what its thinking.....and goes onto more dots....!!!

Keep.....the........dots....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Lol, I got a business related letter this morning, and it had dots after every sentence. Now I am wondering if he may have BPD because until this post I never even thought about dots........ :D

Archived