Mental Health Forums

Speech Done.

LadyMacbeth

I am not really sure where this post should go but I am putting it here because its not a good day or bad day.

The conference was in a room and everyone was sitting around a large table. Most scholars attended and a few students who were sharing their experiences in language programs. The speech was informal and of course I had to go first. I was more nervous after then while giving it. I made them laugh by sharing a few stories and I did not have to read from a piece of paper which is good. The director of the program told me to give me a short speech because some of the professors went on for like 45 min each. :blink: Thank goodness!

Some of the profs. went on forever... :lol:

It was really great seeing my Spanish prof. and I got to see her baby daughter too! But, it was also very sad because it still hurts me deeply because of the past. After my speech my history advisor walked in and I started to feel anxious again for some reason I am not sure....

I will tell you something. I WILL NOT SI again! I am wearing a shirt that shows my marks and I did not realise it until I got here. I felt so self-conscious that people were looking. It was horrible especially infront of people who I highly respect.

I am kinda sad because it just brings back to my mind what I don not have anymore...and the people who mean so much to me. I am also relieved that I went through this and realised I am not doomed. I did not have a panic attack and I stuck through it. It was not a huge event but I am slowly getting back to where I used to be and that means more to me than anything.

I am at a friend's house and we are about to go out and get our drink on. :lol: I am not drinking too much though because I have been good plus it will enhance my sadness.

I will come back tom. and respond to some posts.

Emma

well i bet you are thinking thank sod thats over!

well done babes - you have shown yourself you still have what it takes - sometimes we need to be reminded heh.

hope you have fun getting your drink on lol. u nutter.

speak soon luvduv

xx

Archived