Mental Health Forums

A Complete Stranger Saved My Life

boobsticle

I'd ODed and drunk a lot of vodka, then walked out into the sea to drown myself, at about 10pm on a Saturday night and some complete stranger ran in after me and pulled me out then called an ambulance, and waited with me until it arrived. The nurses told me that he'd phoned the hospital the next day, asking how I was and asking if anyone was going to come and be with me.

Talk about the kindness of strangers, huh. I wish I knew who he was so I could thank him in some way. I can't even remember what he looked like, only that he had dark hair and wasn't Scottish.

My secret knight in shining armour :lol:

Don't really know why I made this thread, guess the full realisation of what he'd done just struck me.

Going to post an article on Craiglist about it to see if I can find him, I still have a jacket he gave me to keep me warm and I want to return it and to thank him.

glad they found you and took care of ya hun *hugs*

get the local paper to do something about it, and if that fails, go to the day-late record or the sun to have the story run......or you could always ask at the copshop if the good samaritan left a name or something??? just thoughts......hope you find your knight soon hun x

glad you cosmically hooked up.

total coincidence.... do you think?

you may have dealt with this person in a past life and he owed you a karmic debt, and repaid it.

im sorry, im a firm believer in past lives n karmic debt.

just to put another spin on it. Anyway its not your time to go and im really fuckin happy he saved you cos things DO get better- damn i hate cliches... but you know what i mean?

how is the head now? are you ok?

xxx zen

I believe in that kind of thing too, I've always liked the idea of reincarnation.

My head is okay, ish. After the sui attempt, a load of people drove up from Oxford to Aberdeen to pick me up and take me back to their house to look after me for a while. Yet another act of incredible kindness for the unworthy :P so that in itself has made me feel like my life has a bit more of a point, I need to be there for them in the same way they were there for me. Obviously I'm not 100% but I'm certainly a lot happier than I was before. :)

(((((Arrakis))))))

So glad this person found you just at the right time. Scottish, Irish, English,Welsh, Martian, Vesuvian, who cares, he found you and you are ok. Please don't feel that you are unworthy of someone's help when you needed it most. You may never know who this angel is in reality but be grateful he was there when you really needed it.

I really believe there are people in this world sent specially to look over us and that this was the time you needed it most.

Things happen in life for a reason, although we may not know it at the time, that will guide us though life, however hard it may be to understand at the time.

So glad you are ok.

Take care of yourself xxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't really know why I made this thread, guess the full realisation of what he'd done just struck me.

I think it's *great* that you made this thread. It is very heartwarming to know that there are people out there who are kind and genuine as that guy. It makes me feel like it is worth living in this world after all. I'm glad you are OK. It is obvious that it's not your time to 'go' yet so please please take care of yourself. There are loads of people who care for you, including ME. :)

Luv,

Jules

Archived