Mental Health Forums

Dexter Thread!

hummm_mabbe

OK so I am at episode 4 of season 1, yeah yeah way behind lol soreeee so this will be boring to long time devotees ...

But Im thinking, so he keeps going on about how he has no emotions - BUT he is always observing when he thinks he SHOULD be having emotions. You could say a psychopath is good at that kind of thing, but Im wondering if mabbe he is slooooowly becoming more human and doesnt want to admit it and stuff?

Oh oh and I reckon that the serial killer they are hunting is going to turn out to be the nice spanish cop, can't remember his name in it, always wears a pork pie hat and hawaiian shirts. Its ALWAYS the one you expect the least in these things, just like Kaiser Soze! So i reckon its him, just because he is so nice lol

All you pplz wot have seen the first series are NOT ALLOWED to give it away k lol ya hear? Or if you do, do the antispoiler trick and make the text white so you have to 'select' it to read it? plz plz plz ok ta sorry to be bossy lol

Ross

dam u on season 1 again?

my hub and daughter watches dexter and downloads, i think its finnished just now in america. who knows.

Lol yeah its up to like season 6 now innit, I are old skool :) There is an explanation though...

I never used to watch ANY telly, I hated telly. Hate ads, hate the news, hate soaps, REALLY HATE JEREMY KYLE (sorry random lol) poopie poop so never watched this stuff when it was on, the good telly was just collateral damage in boycott of telly war :(

Wanna go really far back?

Ive got LOST season 1 Im about to spool up :lol:

Wow I thought there were only two seasons, I need to download more! :lol:

I'm on like episode 6ish of the first one, the Spanish cop you were referring to is named Angel I think.

I'm useless with murder mystery type things because I hate guessing, and when I do I'm usually wrong anyway! Though I agree with your point about him becoming more human.

You seen Six Feet Under? The same guy as who acts Dexter is in it, but the characters are so different, it's amazing how diverse an actor he is.

When I return to Aberdeen we could have an MH-Forum Dex-together because so many of us seem to live there :lol:

Now an even weirder theory has jumped into my head

Dexter has DID and the part of him that wants to kill randomly is the killer, and is trying to communicate with him? Mabbe?

Lots of TV shows seem to have started doing DID plotlines, ot that they really understand much about it and that ...

Ross

Downloading seasons 3&4 now :wub:

I actually had thought about some kind of multiple personality scenario too, but I think that would be a bit much of a cop-out if it was true. It's possible though...

OR

His dads not really dead, was always secretly a serial killer, spotted it in dexter and trained him

He did rather get off on the idea of turning dexter into that

Hmm I like that theory

Ross

Nooooooooooooooo dont think about it , enjoy it. I seen it and not spoiling it so will stop crypticingggggggggggggggggg lol sowwie :( I liked it though :)

Oooooooo Dexter :D

Great series

I didn't realise there were so many seasons already though, i've only seen the first two.

Its a difficult watch tho innit

Its like you feel feelings of liking him, but also disgust at the same time. Other scenes are like that too, like when the sister gives the chopped up guy the hooker as a present in hospital. Like all happy music and that, but its actually like quite an unsettling scene.

Its a bit like Josh Wheedon stuff - he likes to superimpose feelings that shouldnt go together

Its an icky happy ... :blink:

I have only ever seen a few episodes, but what I have seen I liked muchly. I was looking for summat else to watch, maybe I do it today.

hmmm, I watched The Shield today Series 1.... All of it. All day!!!

I'm waiting for the kid to get in so I can load 24 Series 3.... I know am way behind there.

Its like you feel feelings of liking him, but also disgust at the same time. Other scenes are like that too, like when the sister gives the chopped up guy the hooker as a present in hospital. Like all happy music and that, but its actually like quite an unsettling scene.

I kind of really related to him in a way :blink:

Its a bit like Josh Wheedon stuff - he likes to superimpose feelings that shouldnt go together

What, like a 17 year old shagging a 150 year old dead man? :lol:

I miss Buffy and Angel *sigh*

I need to do a rewatch

All you pplz wot have seen the first series are NOT ALLOWED to give it away k lol ya hear? Or if you do, do the antispoiler trick and make the text white so you have to 'select' it to read it? plz plz plz ok ta sorry to be bossy lol

The butler did it

hey ross,

glad you chose to watch dexter- i rem i rec it to you ages ago in yr thread. it got me thru last xmas n new year.

you are on the 'ice truck killer' . the plot lines are fucking fantastic. they stay the same quality throughout. i love how you feel you 'know' the charachtars...

the chemistry with his sister is real- they are married in real life.

Micheal C Hall had to halt the production of season 5- the last, due to (prostate?) cancer. He is only 38 .But he is doing good now, recovered, so we will have to wait for season 5. But at least hes ok. It was fuckin amazing acting in 6 feet under also. (peronally i hope hollwood dont snap him up. that would suck)

I think dexter goes a lot deeper into the human psyche than House Md does, and evey little thing can be a clue- but never an obvious clue- thats what i love about it. His sister in it is HOT too! lol.

Enjoy it, savour it, you wont be abe to ever enjoy watching it again for the first time- unless someone hits you with a rock in he head and you gey amnesia :P im jk'ing.

take care rossie me dear, i must be on me way...

OK well my latest theory is that the ice truck killer is his sister :)

She was jeaous of the attention and special relationship he had with his foster dad, and then she found out about it because of that scene in the hospital when dad was saying "you have to get rid of the nurse", and so after that sis became a serial killer and wanted to be BETTER at it than dexter, but also wanted him to see that too.

So that is my latest crazy theory lol

Badkitteh - now I shall be consuming every tiny little detail lol. I keep hearing about six feet under, looks like thats on me list too!

Ross

Wossy, you can get the Six Feet Under DVDs on Amazon really cheap, but you can probably torrent it for cheaper I suppose :P I'd forgotten about torrents all this year because my halls' internet doesn't allow you to do it :(

OK so I am at episode 4 of season 1, yeah yeah way behind lol soreeee so this will be boring to long time devotees ...

But Im thinking, so he keeps going on about how he has no emotions - BUT he is always observing when he thinks he SHOULD be having emotions. You could say a psychopath is good at that kind of thing, but Im wondering if mabbe he is slooooowly becoming more human and doesnt want to admit it and stuff?

Oh oh and I reckon that the serial killer they are hunting is going to turn out to be the nice spanish cop, can't remember his name in it, always wears a pork pie hat and hawaiian shirts. Its ALWAYS the one you expect the least in these things, just like Kaiser Soze! So i reckon its him, just because he is so nice lol

Ross

he becomes more human as times goes on, its v interesting, i love dexter, have all four series, i think theyv signed for a fifth too

OMG its so weird the way like, you KNOW hes bad, and yet because the programme is made from his POV, you feel afraid he will get caught.

Just goes to show why in war and politics you have to de-humanise an enemy - if you show the human parts of someone too much, sometimes the most heinous parts of their character can be overlooked, or at least, its harder to hate them.

Bizarre

Archived