Mental Health Forums

Boyfriend With Bpd

ipicktheblueone

Hello everyone :)

I'm new here and i would be very grateful if you could give me some advice...

I started dating this boy who i love very much 2 years ago. Recently i was reading about personality disorders and as i was reading about BPD it was as if all of the sudden everything made sense, all his behaviours that made me suffer so much in these 2 years and that i never could understand or explain.. Everything fit perfectly. The P.R.A.I.S.E. mnemonic left me amazed because my boyfriend has ALL the symptoms.

He had been seeing the same psychologist for about 5 or 6 years, starting from when he was a teenager. But he has no idea he is borderline. So either his psychologist didn't figure it out (which i doubt but then i know that he hid things from her quite often) or she has decided not to tell him about it... which i also find strange because last year he decided to end the consults and one would think she would tell him about it... but her conclusion about him and the last 6 years was that he had suffered at times from depression and anger issues caused by some neglect he felt as a child and said it was a good idea to try to lead a life without psychological support.

I don't know what to do... Should i talk to him and let him know my suspicions?

i'm also afraid of what his reaction will be like if i tell him...

and i'm not sure telling him would do more good than bad...

:(

Archived