Mental Health Forums

Stupid ?'s From Your Mental Health Team

Lauren

The other day I was asked....

* who showed you how to self harm?

* how do you feel when you feel suicidal?

Oh and the best one.....

* happy birthday!! (after clear records that I allways end up low, suicidal and at risk any where near my birthday and I arrived and remained in floods of tears the whole time)

:wacko: Anyone care to add any?

Lorna,

Did you want to smack them?

Who showed you how to self harm? ---- don't they think people can do anything by themselves, why is it people assume that we just copy what is going of around us, people say I shouldn't come onto sites like this because it might trigger other behaviours, what nonsense, what they are really saying is that I can't decide what I want to do with my body. Actually, perhaps I will stop there before I show myself up.

Swines, that is all I can say about them, they don't understand a bl**dy thing.

Sorry, Jane :angry:

mine always ask

"what stops you acting on your suicidal feelings?"

a good one was

"how do you think you can be less impulsive?" :lol:

they also asked

"will you agree to go to hospital, or shall we section you?" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

how about this comment from my psychiatrist when i was in the hospital:

Don't you know your PTSD is nothing compared to how children in a third world country live?

with a follow up comment when I left the room of:

I'm sorry I didn't know you were so sensitive about it.

Fuck them all.

I had a psychiatrist who when noticed i'd been self harming told me to 'stop doing that' :D (mmmmmm, that advice stopped me, i think not)

Also i once took an overdose, afterwards when he spoke to me about this, he said i wasn't to do things like that. As when i die its Gods decission, not mine. He said i was to stop playing God with my life.

When my friend saw him and told him she felt suicidal, he just said, 'now don't do that'.

I sometimes wonder how they get their jobs.

The T I saw before my current T I stopped seeing after a few months because one day I asked her what a panic attack was and she said "I don't really know." She also told me to go to the hospital when I called her crying because I was having a panic attack. And then she yelled at me on the phone accusing me of calling her to argue with her because I was too afraid to go to the hospital. After that I stopped seeing her. I do wonder how some of them get their licenses. :wacko:

"So are you gay?" - after talking for ages about how i loved women but kept rejecting the ones who wanted me. I get his point but still, more delicacy please in a therpautic setting!

"How do you think your flat mate would feel if he found you dead in the bath?" - duh, yeah I'm sure he'd be chuffed but if I was that rational then I wouldn't be thinking about doing it!!!!

My favourite - after 5 sessions and a thick file. "So, what meds are you on?"

Yeh they always ask me what medication I'm on, maybe it's because they can't be ersed reading...

I got asked 'are you gay' I think the Junior Doc thought I would break down and confess at hiding an awful secret. I just said "probably. Maybe bisexual."

Yeah in retrospect I should have said, no I like females, but female sheep?...just to see what meds they'd have put me on then!

:lol:

LMAO

I used to wind up the nurses by carrying my Barbie dolls around the ward....on the other hand I did want the company of my plastic friends (they don't let you down like real people can).... They kept telling me "that's Inappropriate Behaviour!"

Same with climbing up on to the windowsills (better view of the outside world) - "That's Inappropriate Behaviour!"

yeah, always with the inappropriate behaviour.... i don't think they take the time to really looka t what behaviour is self-defeating and which is useful. If they don't understandit - then its inappropriate.

I might wear a pirate hat to my next appointment and speak in a ridiculous piratey voice for the duration. Might as well make the most and have some fun with being crazy!!

I love my T but my last appt. we were discussing my past SI, ED, binge drinking and something else I used to do and she said "You have a lot of bad habits don't you!" No duh! :lol: It was not a stupid question though it was just stating the obvious...fortunately I have stopped all that.

"so how many drinks does it take you before you black out", this is what my doctor asked me the last time I saw him - hmm

As I have no recognition of blacking out or the period before or after it is quite difficult to tell.

Oh yeh, if I get into one of my dissociative episodes and they notice and I'm still dissociating in my numb phase, they ask right away, "What can you do to cope with this right now?" I don't know! I can't think since I'm still out of it obviously! Wait til later! They always make me look like an arse at those moments and stupid since my brain is still in shut down mode. Hate that when that happens. gggrrrrrr.

Or the last time i saw my psychiatrist, I had that blackout period a few weeks back where I just blacked out and came to yelling at someone, and got scared out of my mind since I realized what I was doing at that moment and not before that and he asked me, "Well, what do you think caused it? Can you tell me what caused it?" No, I had no idea since it happened spontaneously, hello?! I was sitting and drawing, but I don't know! It just happened that way I guess since thats what it was. I found myself sitting there and next thing I know yelling at my bo's roomate and standing up wondering how I got there in the first place and why I did it. Don't like it when they probe into things like that and you yourself don't know what made it happen in the first place and your wondering the same thing. That's why I saw you in the first place ding dong. :lol:

Archived