Mental Health Forums

Stupid ?'s From Your Mental Health Team

Lauren

Oh yeh, here's another one from my self-harm days that they asked me after I self-harmed. It's stupid if you ask someone this after they self-harm,

"Should we take away your sharps, or do you think you can handle it?" LMAO!!

I used to say, "No, I'm ok" and cut again later anyway! :lol:

And yet, "how Did She Know That?"

- times we feel understood and known..

is chock full of very intuitive, well meaning,

sincere therapists. Can we agree that they

are infact, only human and can't be on

their game 24/7? And yes, we should know

that there are some who just don't have

the right stuff to be doing this work. Doesn't

mean they should be lined up and shot.

had a t who thought all my problems stemed from being of the homosexual variaty which brought questions like

why dont you like men?

do you want to be this way?

why have you chosen this way when everyones against you?

couldnt u just not be?

nearly offered my exshrink help once got this cogh when nervous anyway my shrink turned around asked me if i had a problem with her as she thought i was laughing at her paranoia or what debs

got another one wnt to see my consuler 1 of the qustion was hows your coccaine habit now did say okay as i never taken coke in my life charming trying to give me another addiction debs

• 2 weeks later...

oh lmao

okie cheers i needed cheering up.

My favourite was when a GP told me how many x I'd need to take to 'seriously damage myself'

I told him i was self medicating to stop period pain and he said it was fine to take that many over the recommended dose... it would take xxx to do some serious damage...

Then he went ashen faced and said sheepishly.. Don't suppose I should have told you that (my history of overdoses and abusing meds)

My newest psych said about me being of a homosexual variety (orientation) and said this was constitutional (genetic) (bless she was not a native english speaker... no offence to her i just found it funny)

The funniest was... I cant remember it too clearly now... I was suicidal... and had been at the top of the F building a few days before planning to jump off... and he made some stupid analogy about Cats landing on their feet and how lets HOPE i'm one of them... :lol:

Oh there are many more...

My favourites . . . .

"if you're feeling impulsive, wait a while then call me" :blink:

& re. lesbian relationship of 7 years that ended . . .

"well, a lot of heterosexual people have break-ups . . . . . . . . I suppose it's sort of the same thing. Is it?" <_<

Cath. x

i was thinking about this the other and can remeber my cpn and then social worker taking me for assement for rehab im swales and it was in westwales a long way anyway we were passing this pub and the social worker wanted to know if i wanted toi go in and have a drink to calm my nerves as i was shaking well i did have the shakes and i did have a drink problem i know you wouldnt read about would you debs

Archived