Mental Health Forums

Forcing Myself To Eat. Am I Ill Or Something?

scarlett fauve

im a big girl, i always have been a big girl. i eat so much i always thought id die an obesity related death. eat eat eat eat eat is all i do all day. tried diets but its like im addicted, if i craved a certain food i would cry if i couldnt have it, would not be able to keep still, id be pacing the room.

but the past 8 weeks i havnt eaten barely anything. i have no appetite what so ever. i only eat something when i feel realy sick and dizzy so i eat something to make myself stop feeling sick, and thats it, other than that i dont eat.

its not that i hate eating its more that i dont enjoy food anymore.

i just look at my plate and think ewwwwwww that looks disgusting.

EVERYTHING tastes horrible, even sweet things and things i loved before. even my favorite foods i now dont want to eat.

this is realy affecting me, i look realy ill, i look such a mess, my skin is dredfull.

my fiance shouted at me earlier, he said LOOK IN MIRROR, LOOK AT THE STATE OF YOUR SELF, LOOK AT YOUR EYES, YOUR SKIN!!! thats when i realised i should take some advise.

ive been feeling a little down lately but even at points in my life when i have wanted to kill myself i have never gone off my food.

this is so unusual for me beyond belief.

is this what happens when you feel just a little down?

or should i go to the doctors incase im ill or something?

is this just feeling abit down or could this be something more?

i dont wanna go doctors and embarrass myself if its nothing.

i dont mean ill like an eating disorder. i mean ill like poorly ill

You are ill, you need medical help urgently.

If you do not eat you are going to have organ failure, you could have a heart attack.

YOU ARE ILL.

Please please seek help, you have an eating disorder.

You do need to see a doctor urgently to get some advice.

I would think its unlikely to be because you have a physical illness, but if you continue in this way you certainly will have.

It may be you cannot eat because you are suffering from depession, but whatever the reason you need to see your doctor.

Try to eat very little meals/snacks often during the day. This might help to build your appitite back up, and will prevent serious illness developing.

You do need to see a doctor urgently to get some advice.

I would think its unlikely to be because you have a physical illness, but if you continue in this way you certainly will have.

It may be you cannot eat because you are suffering from depession, but whatever the reason you need to see your doctor.

Try to eat very little meals/snacks often during the day. This might help to build your appitite back up, and will prevent serious illness developing.

for the past 8 weeks ive been looking at it as a good thing thinking atleast ill loose some weight but im realy starting to feel the effects of it now. im so tired and my eyes feel like theyve got bricks attatched to the bottom of my eye lids. i feel absolutely freezing all the time. lately ive just been sat on the sofa wrapped up in a quilt all day every day. my skin is so bad that i can no longer wear make up because foundation looks horrendous. every time i have something to eat i feel sick afterwards. im also a smoker and im hardly smoking either, fags just taste disgusting now and i have no interest in them.

You are ill, you need medical help urgently.

If you do not eat you are going to have organ failure, you could have a heart attack.

YOU ARE ILL.

Please please seek help, you have an eating disorder.

ive been feeling realy weird these past few months. dizzyness being the main thing. i cant put make up on because my skin has become so bad so i dont go out anywhere because i wont go out without make up on. but obviously there are things i have to go out for like to do the shopping on fridays because we have my partners kids on weekends so i have to go get stuff in. i started to notice that on the last two isles at the supermarket ive been feeling like im going to pass out or faint or something. ive fainted before a few years ago in a shopping centre due to not eating for a little while because i was poorly, i had a bug or something, so i know what it feels like before you faint due to lack of food and it feels very similar. i find myself leaning on the freezers for a few seconds just to get my barings. he looks at me and i swear he just thinks im being lazy.

Hi-

I would make appointment to see your GP a.s.a.p.sounds like you have E/D i could be wrong though,worth getting checked out.

good luck with it and let us know how you get on x

could u be pregnant

i thought that earlier but i have this thing wrong with me where its extreamly hard for me to get pregnant, the chances of me getting pregnant are seriously low and the chance of me getting pregnant and me not miscarrying are even slimmer. but i suppose i could be pregnant , its not impossible, think im going to get a pregnancy test just to make sure but i doubt that i will be. would be good if i were though as me and my partner have been trying but to no avail .

do women stop eating when there pregnant? thought it was other way round lol :)

glad i didnt offend u by my comment

when i was preg with my first child i was sick endlessly for the first few months,(and the rest), couldnt bare the sight, smell, or even pictures of some foods

i was also anneamic and was exhausted and light headed

i had a horrid metallic taste in my mouth so everything tasted wrong and i would often eat to stop the sick feeling, only to bring it up later

thats why i asked

im sorrythat you have such problems and i think you should talk to your gp as well

please take care

xx

hi ya hun!!

ya know im the same at the minute. i get awful down occasionally because something always driggers it off for me. this time its my boyfriend has being away on a stag since thursday and all i have done is worry, now dont get me wrong i trust him fully but im such a worrier! i miss him so much too. i have not ate or slept all week and when he sees me monday morning he will be shocked cause im frail and jus awful looking at min. i was diagnosed with an eating disorder a few months ago and got back on track with it but too me its worse than ever. and i know when he comes back he will go mad with me. i refuse to get help.

i think hun you should go till a doc just for a check up too see. and explain the way ur feeling. why i still starve myself?, its like hurt and anger and loss of confidence makes me do it, loads of different emotions go threw my head.

im a big girl, i always have been a big girl. i eat so much i always thought id die an obesity related death. eat eat eat eat eat is all i do all day. tried diets but its like im addicted, if i craved a certain food i would cry if i couldnt have it, would not be able to keep still, id be pacing the room.

but the past 8 weeks i havnt eaten barely anything. i have no appetite what so ever. i only eat something when i feel realy sick and dizzy so i eat something to make myself stop feeling sick, and thats it, other than that i dont eat.

EVERYTHING tastes horrible, even sweet things and things i loved before. even my favorite foods i now dont want to eat.

this is realy affecting me, i look realy ill, i look such a mess, my skin is dredfull.

my fiance shouted at me earlier, he said LOOK IN MIRROR, LOOK AT THE STATE OF YOUR SELF, LOOK AT YOUR EYES, YOUR SKIN!!! thats when i realised i should take some advise.

ive been feeling a little down lately but even at points in my life when i have wanted to kill myself i have never gone off my food.

hi ya hun!!

ya know im the same at the minute. i get awful down occasionally because something always driggers it off for me. this time its my boyfriend has being away on a stag since thursday and all i have done is worry, now dont get me wrong i trust him fully but im such a worrier! i miss him so much too. i have not ate or slept all week and when he sees me monday morning he will be shocked cause im frail and jus awful looking at min. i was diagnosed with an eating disorder a few months ago and got back on track with it but too me its worse than ever. and i know when he comes back he will go mad with me. i refuse to get help.

i think hun you should go till a doc just for a check up too see. and explain the way ur feeling. why i still starve myself?, its like hurt and anger and loss of confidence makes me do it, loads of different emotions go threw my head.

i thought what ever it was had passed because yesterday and the night before ive ate normally, but today iv gone back to not wanting to eat again, strange, feel like i cant eat anything, been feeling like im going to be sick since 4 o clock this morning. was quite weird, had all the signs that i was building up to be sick but just never did x

It might be due to some underlying issue (thyroid, digestive problem) which may or may not be very serious- so go get yourself checked out. You can't go on like this, you need nutrition.

In the mean time try to keep a supplement down and stay as hydrated as you possibly can.

Or it may be an eating disorder. Is not eating giving you some sort of positive feedback in any way that makes it worthwhile to you?

If there is nothing physically wrong with you (when you see the doctor) go see a psychiatrist or counsellor to get an evaluation. Sometimes we aren't fully aware of the things going on in our minds, (esp if you are malnourished) and an outside perspective may be beneficial.

Best of luck, I hope you get to the bottom of this!

Archived