Mental Health Forums

7 Day Sober

bpddreamer

I CANNOT believe I have been sober for 7 days! It's a whole week! Mind you, I have been drinking for 12 years, almost every day! Choice of alcohol? Chardonnay. Some told me that the first 3 days are the toughest, which they were. They also told me that I should take one day at a time, which I have been doing. I now officially do NOT have a craving for alcohol anymore. Woo hoo~~~~!

Only thing I am concerned about is outing with people who drink. Not sure how I would beat the temptation... but hey, one day at a time and today, I 7 days sober and that's all I'm going to think about. :)

Jules

Fukin brill girl! Dam u explained alittle in how u deal with it.

The thing is, all u can do is go up!

I wish u the best of luck, and remember, u are doing it for urself.

good luck hun

Oh that is fantastic, well done you. The childrens father collapsed when he stopped drinking and had to be taken to hospital, he had hallucinations, sweats went crazy. He drank lager though, and far more than I ever knew. He would wake with the shakes until he had had a drink. His hands were like crazy! He just stopped cold.

Not good. He has not had a drink since October.

Oh that is fantastic, well done you. The childrens father collapsed when he stopped drinking and had to be taken to hospital, he had hallucinations, sweats went crazy. He drank lager though, and far more than I ever knew. He would wake with the shakes until he had had a drink. His hands were like crazy! He just stopped cold.

Not good. He has not had a drink since October.

Yikes! That's scary! If anyone has to quit, sounds like it would be him. lol.

Fukin brill girl! Dam u explained alittle in how u deal with it.

The thing is, all u can do is go up!

I wish u the best of luck, and remember, u are doing it for urself.

good luck hun

Thanks honey!!! I actually went to an alcohol forum and got support from whole loads of people. :) I got lucky in a way just like I got lucky to find this site. :)

He came to my house with his bird to pick the kids up to take them for a week, walked in 10am and his hand was shaking he said, gotta get my medicine and went and got four cans of Stella.

FFS.

Horrible.

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy well done you...

remember tho, you are now denying yourself of a long standing copin mechanism... be gentle with yourself and stay safe hunni...

love n hugz kath xx

Sounds like u found a good alcohol forum hun. I went to AA and i found a good forum aswell, can't remember its name, i lost the link to it.

I need to stop drinking aswell, maybe soon i will have the strength to do it again.

Congrats again on now ur 8th day!

Ohhhhh you guys are awesome!!!! Thank you SO much!!!

Jules >>>> still SOBER!!!

I'm glad for you. It's such a big acheivement.

I've also been sober for 8 days after drinking heavily for 15 years. If you ever need to discuss ur feelings towards alcohol u can message me.

Well done xxx

Hi Susan~

Well done you for 8 days sober!!!!! :) Yes, we can definitely encourage each other- :)

good on u both! maybe soon i will be the same xxx

just remeber, just take it day by day, dont get stressed about it, just do ur best. Anyone can do it, just need exceptence, and getting on with life instead of hiding.

xx

Hi,

Just read this post and your strength to finally give up the alcohol, shines through.

Well done both of you.

If things get difficult, try and focus on the points why you wanted to give up drink in the first place and list all the things that are now better because you do not reach for the drink. Really hope you both stay off it :)

Well done

Emmie xx

Thank you Brightstar!

If only I can control my eating somehow, it would be perfect (can't stop eating)! lol-

Hey well done, worry about the eating later, you have substituted alcohol for food. YOu can diet if you want to or just be happy.

Glad ur still sober, it's a good feeling isn't it? I'm findin a bit difficult but am seeing it through and god knows where my will power is coming from.

Keep up the good work, do u feel better in yourself? Feel less guilty and sad now ur sober? (I feel like that when i'm hung over and thought u might get that too)

xx

Thanks Sioux!

lol, susan, yea, I definitely feel less guilty and depressed! I'm sorry to say it but I think I'm actually happy when I'm at work- lol-

Wish me luck!

Jules

Archived