Mental Health Forums

Tonight's Therapy

Villan

yeah the sweat lodge was like a giant sauna - but it was a whole weekend thing - camping in a huge field near a forest, gathering wood for the fire, building and lighting it, tending it and keeping it going, then building the sweat lodge starting with covering the frame work with blankets and stuff all done very traditionally... there was also a huge teepee where we went for meditation and story telling and crafts...

the actual event was hard work - the hot stones brought in and the water added and you have stay for the whole round before you can escape to coolness, if you do have to go out early you cant rejoin, the only provision they allowed was that you could stick your hand out under the blankets - i had to do that a few times!!!

but it was a very fulfilling weekend and something i am glad i did...

wow!!! that sounds so cool and i take my hat to you for sticking that out! :) im kinda of the opinion that if i helped to build the damn thing, id like to be able to nip out for a minute and not have my re-entrance blocked by anyone! lmao! guess thats the rebel in me! lol! way to go you! :D

Archived