but that is a whole dif story

**buys walker a monster truck**

bigfoot.jpg

the way i feel right now i would bloody well use it

on cars

and people

Gordon Brown on the telly again? :(

Ross

can i have it then ross if walker doesnt want it? could do with some cheering up ^_^

can i have it then ross if walker doesnt want it? could do with some cheering up ^_^

I think she is busy reversing over someones head at the mo, mabbe will have to wait a bit ... :lol:

Can I be the passenger?? I soooooo want to drive in a Monster Truck... oooh can we jump over a helicopter in our Monster Truck?? Please, please, please!!!!!

awww... can i have a remote control chopper then :D

I am going to refrain from replying here because I see it as utterly impossible to use the word "chopper" without a massive (well, average size) innuendo.

Ross

I can drive. I passed my test when i was 17, took me about 9 months though as my mum refused to practice with me :lol: I'm nearly 20 now and haven't had a crash, but she's still scared if i drive her anyway. We spend all out time criticising each other's techniques :D I love driving, it's one of the few things in life i don't get stressed about.

Can I be the passenger?? I soooooo want to drive in a Monster Truck... oooh can we jump over a helicopter in our Monster Truck?? Please, please, please!!!!!

I think that would be the most awesome thing that could ever happen.

Literally, ever

Ross

awww... can i have a remote control chopper then :D

I am going to refrain from replying here because I see it as utterly impossible to use the word "chopper" without a massive (well, average size) innuendo.

Ross

totally lost on me love... think its cos im groggy lol oooh but maybe in your monster truck you can jump over my remote control chopper? :D lol i mean the helicopter chopper... or is that too american of me to say chopper when i mean helicopter? argh am confused :(

Hey yankee!!! Chopper is fine but I thought you were talking about a bike PMSL xxx

Totally, Ghostrider jumps over 6 Chinkook Chelihopters inthe film... but I don't think we'll be able to do that unless I make a deal with the Devil?????? :lol:

totally lost on me love... think its cos im groggy lol oooh but maybe in your monster truck you can jump over my remote control chopper? :D lol i mean the helicopter chopper... or is that too american of me to say chopper when i mean helicopter? argh am confused :(

I wont explain the innuendo. I shall just post the

Worst

Youtube

Video

Everrrrr

Ross you're right, you're ridiculously right. I think it is because i'm a scaredy cat.

Also I want to get things 'right' all the time and worry if I can't. i don't seem to have the 'ah just see what happens, it'll be alright' gene that other folk have. I reckon thats deffo affected my driving confidence.

Proof in ze pudding....as a newly qualified teacher, I just marked my first proper batch of students' work today...fretting all the time I've done it wrong, let the students down, am crap zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

And yes, any driving instructor that can't get a handle on that ain't no use to me!!!

gis the keys to that truck, I reckon I should just get on with it!

Love to yer chopper :P xxxxxxxxxxxxx

im not a yank! lol im from blighty! lol just saves me saying helicopter, cos it embaresses* me... i couldnt spell or pronounce it for a while lol and ross explain... NOW!!! and v much sucky youtube... but i bet i can find worse :P

Also I want to get things 'right' all the time and worry if I can't. i don't seem to have the 'ah just see what happens, it'll be alright' gene

Hi fedup

I think this is where the self acceptance thing comes in very important. The reality is that it may NOT be alright - life hands us good things, bad things, and neutral things. An overly positive outlook can be just as irrational and unhelpful, and that is also why when someone says "it'll be ok" that its so annoying - they dont know that.

The REALLY useful ability to cultivate is to be able to fail, and not attack yourself, demean yourself - to have that one small failure not necessarily define some terrible truth about you, or perhaps confirm some fear of how others will view you. For example, if you were to make a mistake, and turn to see your instructor with a look of contempt or disgust on his/her face - what would that do to you inside? If you were to have 150 lessons and STILL not have earned your licence, how would you think about others reactions? "OH MY GOD!! YOU TOOK HOW LONG?!!!". What does that failure mean to you, about you, or how others will treat you as a result of that failure?

If you can learn to fail and not have that failure connect to the sense of your identity, then the anxiety will subside. Or maybe its the fear of directly experiencing disapproval from others - maybe experiencing the tone, the facial expression? How might you get to a point in life where you could stand in the face of that disapproval, and not be destroyed inside? To my mind, that is a lot more important than self esteem, which focuses on ability and self-efficacy. The ability to fail is much more connected with self acceptance, but goes against so much of what is programmed into us by our culture that it sounds crazy at first. Yet the reality is that a lot of the time, we will lose, we will fail, and people will be on hand to offer their negative views. If we can accept that, without the panic, the depression, the needing to 'make up for it', push it away, or fight it, then that to me sounds like peace. It also means we are more likely to try again, without that weight around our necks dragging us into inaction and avoidance.

Ross

Fedup, i dont have that gene either - makes me permenantly scared

Ross, am crap at reading long stuff atm but managed most of that

goodness

these words stood out

stand in the face of that disapproval, and not be destroyed inside

it is totally crippling, and yes, destroying

like red hot pokers ramned into the depths of heart and lungs

Archived