Mental Health Forums

Well Hello There

adzcriz

Hi Adam,

It's good to meet you. Sorry to hear about your depression and agoraphobia. I don't think I've ever experienced agoraphobia but I do have social anxiety. I hate being left alone with just one person because that means I'll have to make conversation with them and I feel as though I'm boring and have nothing to offer conversation-wise. I'm ok with people who talk a lot or people I get on really well with but even then I don't know where to look when there are those awkward silences. Do you have many friends?

I read some of your blog. Dan seems like a sweet guy. Do you see him very often and is there any way you can live with him? I'm gay too and I know what it's like when you first come out. Well being a very girly girl, it was just awful, but I've had some good yet dysfunctional relationships since then.

I'm starting DBT for BPD tonight so I'm a bit worried about it. There will be a group of about eight people. One of my anxieties is talking in front of a group. That is when I tend to dissociate because I'm so nervous and anxious. Hopefully I can just sit there and listen.

Do you have low self-esteem, Adam?

I do hope you're feeling a little better.

Take care,

B.

Archived