Mental Health Forums

Quetiapine

sophhee23

Ive jacked it in....was on 300mg a day and yes my mood has improved BUT ive put on a stone in weight, im constantly bloated and look 6 months pregnant, none of my clothes fit, i have to watch every single thing i eat down to the sugar in my tea!! Ive got this horrible red blotches come up on my body AND all i wanna do is sleep, i have no energy...pdoc has tried to get me to come off slowly but ive been through so much in my life..im sure i can handle this, and if i cant? ill just sleep all day like i always do.

Today..i have been up since 10, been to hairdressers had hair dyed, walked to tescos and back which is about a mile, and ive been happy, bubbley, chatty, just like how i was 10 years ago....im not niave enough to expect this to last i know there will be side effects but i say BRING IT ON!!!

Hi I was on 500mgs but lately I put myself on 300 mg. I thought I may have a bit more energy and would get more stuff done. I am now seriously overweight and although I'm not the healthy eating guru, i have put on weight loads since I started taking anti-psychotics. I'm glad you've got more energy now. I used to walk loads but now I'm in the middle of nowhere there's also nowhere to go unless you have a car.

Hey Sophh, as I said on fb take it easy the dt's on this drug are a bitch and are akin to coming off class a drugs!!!! xxx

Thanks for reply guys, im still feeling great but am ready for some bad stuff too...actually abit sweaty but thats ok sweaty betty :) xxxx btw love the new look! i want chat thooooo :/ xxx

Hi, this drug got me through a trauma but........ very quickly put on loads of weight, slept all the time and was pretty monged (?) out on it. I think it okay for short term crisis but long term it would have made me like a tranuilised elephant !!! xxx :wacko:

I came off this drug last Feb'(2009) and within a couple of months I was extremely ill and ended up in hospital for 3 and a half weeks, I have no memory of the first 2 weeks and whereas before I came off medication I was well and only on 350mg when I went into hospital they put me on 600mg and I ballooned in weight gaining over 3 stone. Also, when you come off these tablets they cause insomnia which is difficult to control even with sleeping tablets, the lack of sleep deprivation makes you very ill and brings on a psychosis which is worse than I have ever experienced. I am now on 350mg but feel very unwell I do lots of exercise to help me lose weight but it is an uphill battle, all I can say is be very careful when coming off this drug.

hmmm im on 300mg been oon it 2wks they took me off risperidone coz app the weight gain is less. I shot up 3 dress sizes in 3months with risperidone i hope 2 god i dont shoot up another 3 with quetiapine :-(

Well its been a week now and ive noticed a huge differance. the bloating has gone which is amazing i feel sooo much better! but the anger and things that the quetiapine where numbing is all now slowly coming back..im just waiting to see just how bad it gets, i was put on 300mg for a reason??? dunno just gotta wait and see what happens i spose! :blink:

• 2 months later...

iv been on 800mg a day for about 6 months now and iv put on lots of weight. they wont lower my dose tho and i dont want to go against their advise. im not sure whats worse being fat or mad?!

• 3 weeks later...

heya,

i wouldn't recommend just stopping as i ended up back in hospital with a suicide attempt - i am currently revising for my exams - is it normal for me to be really relaxed?? not sure if the quetiapine does that - i am on 800mcg a day now - which is a heck of alot! started off on 600mcg - im just getting headaches all of the time so rely on painkillers.

Will just see how it goes i guess....any ideas or anyone had headaches from an increase in quetiapine or sertraline?

xx

iv been on 800mg a day for about 6 months now and iv put on lots of weight. they wont lower my dose tho and i dont want to go against their advise. im not sure whats worse being fat or mad?!

heya,

someone that is on a same dose as me, yay!!

ive put on about 5 stone since i started the tablets - i do feel alot better but i always wonder whether i am depressed because of my weight or whether i should just carry on with the tablets and stay out of hospital....difficult one isn't it?? xx

I was put on these tablets. I have never put a single pound on since I was a teenager (I'm one of those hatefull b****es that can eat anything and not put anything on usually). But in the 8 months since I was on these tablets I have put on 2 stone and gone from a size 8 to 12-14. I'd gotten so depressed I went on a total blitz diet :( which obviously wasn't any good for me since I basically starved myself for 4 weeks. After which I had a funny turn tho them one day, I was in work and took my tablets at 11am (as I did every day) slowly I started slurring all my words and finally 30 minutes later I fainted. The guys I work with took me upstairs to the brew room and lay me down while they organised what to do with me. According to them I was outcold for 30 mins and when I came round I seemed fine. Needless to say when I explained this to my GP the next day he took me off these.

I came off the Qutiapine 3 weeks ago and just at a size ten now. Starting to feel better about my weight but I have noticed that my moods that my meds were helping me cope with have become rather erratic :(

I was on Quetiapine for 5 months and in that time put on 2 stone, it didn't matter what i ate or how much i exercised the weight still went on.

well im only 16, and my psych started me out on 50..shes going to increase it when she gets back but i started upping the dose to 100, 150,and i have put on so much weight as well..i have a belly :/ and i struggle with the way i look, so mia has been getting worse for me because of seroquel (quetiapine)..

Its a very difficult drug and u DO have to decide if you would rather be fat or mad....I couldnt handle the being fat because it made me even more depressed so i chucked it...now back on it but on a very low dose and ive not put anything on..im actually loosing weight, altho i dont eat and am only really having drinks and slim fast shakes, but im loosing weight and am back to a size 10..nearly an 8..altho im left with the huge boobs - lol!

Drug is going ok 4 me atm. xxx

Archived