Mental Health Forums

Whats The Reputation Thing All About?

tearstained

Please explain this new feature and what it means? what does the number mean and how did it get there ? Thanks .

T xx

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apparently its how well we are at giving advice and constructive etc etc and generally how well behaved we are, i assume... so you can perhaps spot trolls or unhelpful people from a mile off? x

You now have a little green '1' on your post, which will also show up on your profile page :)

You have been positively reputationalised :) In a nice way

Whooooooo

Ross

Thank you very much... So how do you send a hug or give someone a point ? xxx :unsure:

You give them a hug when you click on the little green plus sign at the bottom right of each post :)

You give them a slap with the little red negative sign .... :o

Ross

Upon each post made by a member is a Plus and a Minus sign, bottom right, other members can either vote a post as a positive response to a thread or a negative response to a thread, should they choose to do so.

It is not obligatory to vote a post but if you see a really good one then why not give that member a positive vote?

If you see a crap one then you can post a negative vote.

OOOOhhh I just did it !! :P

Yayyyyyy fankooooo taaaaaaaaa :lol: Tis a bit like online cadburys chocolate button giving :) Small treat

Ross

It doesn't tell us who voted, Which suck's... And it doesn't let you know which post's have been voted... I have 3 and I can only see 2 votes shown on my posts :\ ...

If any of that ^^^ makes sense...

Lol, its made me smile for first time today !!! Better than choc ! Have a good evening !! xxxx :D

I upped you one, Sioux, I thought your response was spot on, ;)

Dicee babe you can only see how many votes you have on each post, but on your profile it will say how many you have in total, for example if everyone one liked your post on this thread say 5 times, and 3 times on another, you'd have 8 :D yayyyyyyyy I can add :wacko:

mehh I aint looking at mine cos dont wanna get para lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is open to abuse because if someone does not like you for whatever reason, they can go round just negging all your posts! So I would suggest we do not take it too seriously! *tells myself that*

It is open to abuse because if someone does not like you for whatever reason, they can go round just negging all your posts! So I would suggest we do not take it too seriously! *tells myself that*

I thought that too lol

You can also set up a fake second account and big up all your 'main' account ...

Maybe there is a limit to how many you can give any one user in a day /week?

No there wouldn't be, they use the same system on the Answer Centre on eBay. And those who are not liked get negative responses on all their posts, even worse when there are cliques!

That's why people should not take it too seriously *tell yourself that again Sioux*!!! ha ha

Users are only allowed one account.

I have to say, I do have niggling doubts about this reputation thingy.

Sioux you are right when you say it shouldn't be taken too seriously, but it does concern me that people with already low self esteem will become paranoid that no-one likes them, or values what they've written. During an argument I can see that it will be used as a popularity contest, which could be quite damaging for an individual. It could also prevent people posting for fear or getting a negative response. Although similar to fb, the bulk of fb members are not those with mental health issues, unlike ours, who may find it harder to take it lightheartedly.

Well sufficit to say my self-esteem is non existant. But I've to take it with a pink of salt or my head explode!

I agree with Kalico... it's hard enough involving yourself in posts and taking the step to be part of the community (especially when you're new) and trying to be supportive and offer advice and help. But to now be scrutinised? I say "scrutinised", but it just adds an extra pressure that can be interpreted negatively and sensitively. Then of course the popularity contest side is another to be considered.

Doesn't sit well with me I'm afraid. But hey ho, s'just my opinion ^_^

Archived