Mental Health Forums

Whats The Reputation Thing All About?

tearstained

And actually I think its distracting for everyone when we are just giving eachother genuine support and now its changed into something else. I feel quite strongly about this.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think having these and not being able to change it after you have done it may also be a prob cos if someone has misinterpretated a post and given it a negative and then it is explain to them how it was meant they may want to take that negative point back off but they can't do that once they have hit the button. I hope before the negative button is hit people think throu what has been said to make sure they have understood in the way it was meant.

I have to say, We need to give it time and see how its being used by everyone and if its not working too well, Thn maybe it could be took off...

P.s Any one who votes me down, I'll come and find you <_< haha...

And it might prevent people from speaking their mind/giving their honest opinion about things, for fear of having their "REP" tainted.Its making me feel para already.

I haven't even checked what my rep score is! I haven't checked. If people don't like what i have to say and give me a negative rating, so be it. I'm not going to change the things I write or how i write. I have to be honest with myself. Thats all that matters to me, not a digit next to my name on my profile

Ingrid

x

So then what is the point of it... Theres loads of bad things, I can t think of many good ones ?

I so agree Ruthie... I don't care if people don't like what I have said ect, We have ever right to say thing right???, Whether other people agree or not with us... So if we get a vote down, So what... Try and not worry about it...

God just think when I get going again and kicking off, I'll be getting lots of votes down, So what... I ain't here to pleases other people and have my head stuck up their arse... :\ ...

So then what is the point of it... Theres loads of bad things, I can t think of many good ones ?

Lets just give it ago and see how goes, It could turn into some thing great or some thing horrible... But we need to give it a chance...

Its just like FB in away with the "like" botton...

If you write a reply that people think, yay she is right that really helped me-that is a good thing surely? It is also a good way to spot trolls who just come here to cause trouble

Thats my view on it anyway.

I do see your concerns. I think most of us will get a negative response at some point. Just try not to take it personally.

Ingrid

x

I agree with everything you have said tearstained.

If people arnt bothered about scores why is it there in the first place and yes it is fine for the thick-skined but I expect considering what type of site this is theres going to be a lot who are sensitive and in a place where they will take things personally.

I think if you like something someone has said you can put a reply and say thank you for your comments. That would surely mean much more to people that a tick in a box. if a troll comes up, people will find them and report them, putting a mark down against them doesn't mean anything. xx

Don't take it to heart chick... Everyone will get votes down at some point and the same as getting votes up... Just give it a little time and hopefully people will use it in the right way...

Thanks, I don t know why this is getting to me so much. Im prob just over reacting and being stupid.

you are not being stupid...you have a right to an opinion just like everyone else.

I suppose its going to be a wait and see kind of thing.i personally think its a good way to encourage and reward support and see how we affect others.BUT-i can see that its not something to take totally seriously cos some people may just mark down for the fun of it.

Lets just see how it goes..when i have a good day and get a point it will make me smile :D but if i had a bad day and got a minus i would be a little sad :( .so for me it depends on my mood :D

ps-pls dont minus me :lol: jk

Hi bb,

Is it to do with people putting marks against your posts? If it is please try not to get too upset. Some people are using this points thing as a horrible game. Me and a lot of other predicted this would happen. It is already causing arguments and upsetting people. I really hope the point system is taken away soon. xx

Please don't be upset Butterfly, there is a reputation thief amidst us. It's just someone's silly, hurtful game. Please try and ignore it. xxxxx

Im really sorry for everyone who is feeeling hurt/upset by this new system of points. The comments most of us are making on this matter are reflecting my fears presisely and that it is being misused, even in these early days. Big hugs to everyone and as Roses says, take no notice and don t be drawn into silly point scoring games. And to everyone whos playing games grow the hell up. :angry:

Hi bb,

Is it to do with people putting marks against your posts? If it is please try not to get too upset. Some people are using this points thing as a horrible game. Me and a lot of other predicted this would happen. It is already causing arguments and upsetting people. I really hope the point system is taken away soon. xx

Don t worry butterfly, Ive sent you extra points to make it up for the rep thief !! Lol xxxxxxx

it again is the silly few spoiling it for the majority - it could have been a good way of judging feedback from people who dint wanna actually reply to posts, but after following a troll mooch the forum this morning going to every recent post made by another member and -1ing it i dont think it is a good idea... luckily enough the member was aware of what was happening as they were also logged on at the time, but imagine coming online and finding your reputation has dropped from + to summat like -20 or whatever it ended up being...

not funny... :(

I went from up to down. I think the more you look at it the more depressing it can become. Have already cried in me coffee, not looking again!

(((((((((((Sioux))))))))))) I have seen so many of yours that have been put neg for no reason at all. It is someone playing games and its not fair someone doing that. It will be back upto a positive soon.

Awwwww sioux... Please don't let it get to you bab... Who ever is voting people down, Are just stupid fucking people, Who have nothing better to do... I am getting sick of the "trolls"/ people who're always voting people down, When they shouldn't... They're just doing it for a laugh!!!...

Plus all the voting stuff, Is making me more para on here, I don't feel safe as it is because I've been told people can see our blogs if they're not members, So I have hidden all mine...

Archived