Mental Health Forums

It Physically Hurts To Eat

Saharah Blue

Does anyone else experience this when they have really done themselves in with excess physical activity plus a serious binge/purge? I know it has only been 24hrs and that can really upset the system, but trying to eat is a sharp pain when the food reaches stomach, I can feel it and know I need to eat, but this hurts bad and I feel a sickness like un-induced vomiting will ensue.

Sah

this is sad that I have to keep answering my own posts (how lame is that!) Anyway, I was going to say to anyone who might experience this, be on the look out for a developing ulcer sad.gif.

Are you saying you have an ulcer?? Gee Im so sorry!

Has your doc advised what to do and what things are best to eat?

Lilly

hiya,

i do get pain when i eat yes. im sorry u r a swell.

i try not to look much in this forum, it is why i havent answered til now, im sorry. i dont look because i tend to only post when im losing weight and that isnt a very healthy (mentally) thing for me to do.

((((((((blue)))))))) hope u feel better xx

Hiya Sah,

Srry, i didn't see this, or i woulda replied. yea i know what you are saying. I have not got a pain like you describe, but sometimes wen i have gone too far, it just becomes impossible to eat.

Even tho i kno i need to cos im lightheaded, pain it my gut-not so much stomach, just i know there is a load of acid in it tho, and just pure drained.

My dr who sees me weekly has given me those Ensure - drinks, but they are pretty heavy, so i dont bother w then.

So i have a few sachets of some 'diet drinks' in the press, they r like an orange drink with all vits n minerals n stuff in them, ppl on diets r supposed to take 3 a day and a reg meal,

But they are easy to shake and have protien etc in them, 220cls, and are easier to drink than those pharmacy drinks.

I do use em a few times a week as i dont want to damage organs etc, and i dont want to lose muscle, so protien is ok.

dunno if this is any help to you?

I hope you have not got an ulcer?

Love n light, am n da kitz xxx

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone else experience this when they have really done themselves in with excess physical activity plus a serious binge/purge? I know it has only been 24hrs and that can really upset the system, but trying to eat is a sharp pain when the food reaches stomach, I can feel it and know I need to eat, but this hurts bad and I feel a sickness like un-induced vomiting will ensue.

Sah

Hey,

When I first went into a clinic for anorexia and went on their eating program I was in so much pain I thought I was doing serious damage to my body (by eating so much on shrunken stomach). And I told the doctor this but they kept insisting I would be alright. Anyway, I got severe gastric reflux, and even now, many years after clinic I have to sit up in bed most nights while the stomach acid just pours out of my mouth. Sorry, too much information maybe,

But hey, what choice did I have? only other option was to starve to death...

sry sah, i have been away. Yup i know about pain after eating, doesnt matter how much i eat either.

Maybe u need to see if u do have an ulcer or inflimation of the stoumach lining which i have, also its not just my stoumach that hurts, but my small bowl and big bowl i blow out like a puffer fish!.

huggles

Yea!, I do not have an ulcer, I sorry Lilly, I think I wasn't feeling well and didn't explain it. I have had ulcers in the past and it felt familiar and similar. I am all clear. But bare bones, I hadn't thought of inflammation? Good on me I have been more gentle with me, the last while since I posted this.

VRQ, I do drink the Emergen-C to get back on track with recovering my depletion sometimes. Ensure, is just syrup, can't do that one either.

ty for the replies guys (food issues are such a taboo topic in my world)

Sah

I often get a " not right" feeling when I eat.. I eat but struggle daily with the way it makes me feel.. Like I have to get it out like an alien in me.

My wieght is monitored but not going up ( and when it does it goes down) I can't eat certianly food they make me gag yuk!! And I often just binge on somthing huge and feel Ill till I am...

I hardly ever feeel hungry.. When I do it's rare..

The sharp pain I don't suffer though ..

Archived