Mental Health Forums

" Normal" ?...

Dice

Alrite people, So I would like to know...

What do you think "normal" is???... This really gets me annoyed because I ask myself all the god damn time, What is normal... People go on about normal stuff, normal things BUT what the hell is it???

How do we know its "normal"???... So any one got any ideas...

wish i knew the answer, but i dont think there ever is a true "normal" as every one is unique. i guess its what most of the society perceive as acceptable/normal.

what one person thinks is "normal" another may not, guess its down to each individuals opinions.

but if u ever find out let me :)

cad

hmmm I think normal is individual to the person, something that is whether bad or not, consistent that feels familiar and is something we understand to our selves, kinda thing, :S xxxxxxxxx

Normal is a socialogical term. For example, conforming to an average set of behaviours and characteristics within society.

In theory; Happy, socially adaptable, confident, hard working, rule abiding, emotionally and mentally stable citezens.

In reality; Normal doesn't exist, as each of us are unique.

Normal is a socialogical term. For example, conforming to an average set of behaviours and characteristics within society.

In theory; Happy, socially adaptable, confident, hard working, rule abiding, emotionally and mentally stable citezens.

oh hell i fit non of the above!!!! im a rule breaking non conformist, not on purpose, but cos it just happens or i just don't wanna be what people want me to be, im not a rebel but i will do and be what i want to be ME! so if thats the norm then erm no thanks would rather not.......... although this can be to my disadvantage i just can't help but not!!!.......but i do agree that yes this is what they mean by "normal" aurora xoxox

in my opinnion there is no 'norm'.just the way that some people percieve to be normal.

Is it being happy...2.4 children ...going to work...coming home...marrige ect?who knows.If it is then i dont think there are many normal people i know,including myself.

try not to put a label on yourself as to what you are.you are you...as i am me.(and i wouldnt describe myself as normal).

hey...normal is overrated :)

xxx

I think normal is an idealised view as people want to feel they belong but don't think normal really exists. I think its what society has pressured people to feel like they are or aren't accepted. What is a normal person looking, thinking, feeling or personality like? People are just different I think but is being different normal?

wish i knew the answer, but i dont think there ever is a true "normal" as every one is unique. i guess its what most of the society perceive as acceptable/normal.

what one person thinks is "normal" another may not, guess its down to each individuals opinions.

but if u ever find out let me :)

cad

Yes I agree everyone is unique in our own ways...

I can't see in away how any one can think some thing is "normal" like lets say the weather its "normal" for it always to be cold , So because its cold 9 times out of 10, That get classed as "normal", I just argh haha...

hmmm I think normal is individual to the person, something that is whether bad or not, consistent that feels familiar and is something we understand to our selves, kinda thing, :S xxxxxxxxx

Hmmmm yeah maybe :\ ...

How can they say that " Happy, hard working, ect ect ect " is "normal"... Bloody hell this is getting my back up :\, I wish I didn't think about this and ask too haha...

in my opinnion there is no 'norm'.just the way that some people percieve to be normal.

Is it being happy...2.4 children ...going to work...coming home...marrige ect?who knows.If it is then i dont think there are many normal people i know,including myself.

try not to put a label on yourself as to what you are.you are you...as i am me.(and i wouldnt describe myself as normal).

hey...normal is overrated :)

xxx

I wouldn't say its "normal", Having 2.4 children, working and married ect that its follow suit, One person does it, So another and so on and so on... And if people don't have 2.4children, working or married, They get classed as " not normal"... What goes some one the right to say " That's not normal" " But this is normal" because no one knows what "normal" is, Do we really...

TRIGGER!!!...

Like people say that " SH'ing and OD'ing, Having thoughts yeah " People class that as " Not normal"... But the class people getting drunk and fighting and robbing as "normal", How does that work???... How can they say that???... So I'm not " normal" because I sh and od and stuff, Bullshit...

Slim girls is the "normal" fats girls is " not normal" How and why can people say that... If you don't follow suit with other people, You're classed as " not normal", At the end of the day NO ONE knows what "normal" means or is...

Sorry I wish I never made a post asking about this, It makes me mad, And I'll never know the answer :\ ... Plus I don't know if any of that lot makes sense :\, Sorry again...

Sorry for saying sorry thn :\... I'm starting to think why this word ect make me mad * Time to get writing it out :blink: * ...

When I think about what's normal I think about the things I that I'll never be able to do, things I would be doing if I never ever had mental health problems.

1. Studying

2. Living in a place of my own

3. Having a romantic relationship with someone

:(

in my eyes, normal is being comfortable being what your happy with - not what others want from you. sorry if thats a triggering for some, but i hope u see what i mean dice xxx

The debate on the state of the healthcare system in the United States has been raging between politicians, political pundits, and healthcare professionals. With millions of Americans living their daily life without access to health insurance, the cry for healthcare reform is no surprise. The current healthcare system not only leaves millions

hospitals

are you a spammer? your response to Dice's thread and others has nothing to do with your link to hospitals. i think you should stop spamming. or respond to the post in question.

in my eyes, normal is being comfortable being what your happy with - not what others want from you. sorry if thats a triggering for some, but i hope u see what i mean dice xxx

Yeah I see what you mean... Everyone has a different idea of what "normal" means to us... Yeah if you're not like other people, You get classed out if you know what I mean, Your the none "normal" one because you don't follow suit with other people eh...

Hey Dice,

I think "normal" is a rediculous word

normal definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta Definition: 1. usual: conforming to the usual standard, type, or custom. 2. healthy: physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy ...

etc.etc. What bollocks. If the world were full of "normal" people then we'd all be just like the "Stepford Wives"/Husbands. What a bloody awful world that would be to live in.

I think everyone is normal as an individual.

I think there are norms in society, the concept of "normality" is very valid to me, if it did not exist there would be no such thing as mental health/illness since the definitions of the various disorders have things like "normal functioning" built into them.

Just because we are all different, does not mean that there is no such thing as normal. In a room of people you will rarely find two that are exactly the same height, but if one person was 8 feet tall, that would not be "normal". Hence, just because people are different, does not mean that there is not such a thing as normal. Things such as personality characteristics are not as easy to see or measure as height, but there are extremes of these things nevertheless.

its hard to put your finger on what is "normal", because life is so complex and there are so many possible scenarios. But just because something is hard to explain, does not mean it does not exist. Things such as "love" and "honour" are hard to define in words, but that does not mean they don't exist.

Finally, some people think that the concept of "normal" is inherently judgemental. It is not. If someone was described as "abnormally gifted" or "abnormally compassionate", or "of abnormally high intelligence", then that would not be viewed in a negative light.

I am not going to try to define what "normal" is, it depends on the culture, the time, and the situation, the context in general.

Sorry if this upsets anyone but it is what I genuinely believe.

CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT!!!... YOU FUCKING KNOW!!! YOU'RE A PRICK!!!... YOU KNOW NOT TO COMMENT ON POSTS I MAKE!!!... KICK SOME ONE WHEN THEY'RE DOWN EH... BECAUSE THAT IS ALL YOU GO DO!!!...

CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT!!!... YOU FUCKING KNOW!!! YOU'RE A PRICK!!!... YOU KNOW NOT TO COMMENT ON POSTS I MAKE!!!... KICK SOME ONE WHEN THEY'RE DOWN EH... BECAUSE THAT IS ALL YOU GO DO!!!...

I can comment on whatever posts I like. You don't tell me what to do.

And I wasn't having a go at you anyway. My opinions were not aimed personally at you, just because you started this topic. My opinions are for everyone here to read, and they can agree with them or not.

However, even if you don't agree with them there is no need for a nasty response like that.

FUCK OFF!!!... I HAVE TOLD YOU TO STAY OFF MY POSTS!!! AND YOU CAN'T DO THAT CAN YOU!!!... CAUSE YOU'RE A TWAT!!!... NEVER HEARD OF RESPECT???...

I'VE SAID DON'T COMMENT ON MY POST'S TO YOU ALREADY... SO LISTEN EH!!! STAY AWAY FROM MY STUFF ON HERE!!!...

You talk to me like that and accuse me of having no respect.. priceless :lol:

what you gonna do if I don't stay away then, give me a chinese burn? :o

I TALK TO YOU LIKE THAT... BECAUSE YOU DON'T RESPECT MY WISHES!!!... ITS A WELL KNOWN FACT THAT I DON'T WANT YOU COMMENTING ON MY POSTS!!!... BUT YET YOU DON'T LISTEN!!!...

I ONLY EVER GO LIKE THIS, WHEN YOU START!!!... I DON'T START IT!!!... YOU DO!!! YOU LIKE TO PLAY GAMES WITH PEOPLE!!!... TAKE YOUR LITTLE SAD GAMES AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!... AND GROW UP PLEASE!!!...

Ok not wishing to be in the middle of a spat.

The more people I meet the more abnormal everyone is. Seems to me we all have our fears and phobias and little quirks. When I wish to be normal I think it is being within a pain threshold and a work-threshold that I can feel ok with. Ok may be dull, which is why I guess i push myself into abnormal situations but sometimes you need it even if it's just for a little sleep. Bumble

Archived