Mental Health Forums

You Gotta Laugh!

LadyMacbeth

Okay, just got back from my therapy session...sitting in my college library for a few hours til I see my former T and then leave. My dad is gonna freak when he sees my $600.000 therapy bill. My T writes a bill and puts a number for insurance companys my dx. The first two bills she wrote "dysthymia" and then she told me today it was something more. Now she changed my dx to panic disorder, generalized anxiety, and depression(not clinical). She told me that I was not clinically depressed. I was like "What? :huh: I thought I had severe depression!" She said I didn't! I was also agreeing with her about my other two dxes and trying to think off more at the top of my head. Then I said "There I go self-dxing myself again!" She said "yes, I really don't like you doing that!" :lol: I said to her its always changing my moods are always changing.

She found some DBT programs but then told me that if I continue to not binge drink, SI, all the other bad habits then I can remain in CBT. She also said I don't need to meet her twice a week atm because my moods are more stabilized. Yeah this week! I guess its hard to dx someone especially like me you know. I am a slit personality. Thats why my friend called me "Emmas" because there are two of me. :lol:

My T told me that she can get rid of my phobias of death, doctoes, hospitals through...(something I can't spell) :lol: . But, its a technique in the same ball park as hypnosis that she said is proven to work and works for everyone. AWESOME! Yes, do it! She did tell me that if I want to be a therapist I need to get over my fear of hospitals. She has a point I mean if one of my patients is in the hospital its not like I can actually tell her I can visit her because I am petrified of them. That would not be cool. :lol:

Alright. I still have two hours here before I meet my former T. Thought I would share this with you!

Ciao.

Archived