Mental Health Forums

Fertility Treatment

tink_85

Hi all,

Been to see my gp today, i have been struggling to conceive after miscarrying 3 years ago last march. she is finally sending me to the fertility clinic to see someone yayyyyyy :D:D

suppose i've got some reservations though cos i know im doing this for some of the wrong reasons, mainly cos i want a reason to live but also cos i want someone to love who will love me back unconditionally. i love children and did my training in college in childcare and although im not working i am still currently running a rainbow and brownie unit for girguiding which i used to love but now i get so stressed out wiv the kids :blink:

Goodluck with it all hope it all wrks out for u coz i bet also that u will be a real good mummy with alot of love to give xx

Hi tinker-bell-end,

Just read this post, and wish you all the luck in the world with it. My next door neighbour is going thru the same kind of thing and from what i see with her, i imagine its quite a difficult thing to go thru. Also- you say you think you are doing it for all the wrong reasons, I beg to differ- Why to the majority have children? Many don't even think... It just *happens*. So please remind yourself you are planning a child that will be loved and cared for, for which you have made provision for before conception- that is a RIGHT reason if ever there was one!

Also, don't forget about the fact that BPD does get better. Therapy etc accellerates this, but it DOES get better, maneageable, and there is no reason why you will not be a great mum.

Take care and be good to yourself,

Love & light, xoxo kitteh

Hi tinker-bell-end,

Just read this post, and wish you all the luck in the world with it. My next door neighbour is going thru the same kind of thing and from what i see with her, i imagine its quite a difficult thing to go thru. Also- you say you think you are doing it for all the wrong reasons, I beg to differ- Why to the majority have children? Many don't even think... It just *happens*. So please remind yourself you are planning a child that will be loved and cared for, for which you have made provision for before conception- that is a RIGHT reason if ever there was one!

Also, don't forget about the fact that BPD does get better. Therapy etc accellerates this, but it DOES get better, maneageable, and there is no reason why you will not be a great mum.

Take care and be good to yourself,

Love & light, xoxo kitteh

thank u kitteh, ur reply is very much appreciated x

i hate the way people tell me not to stress about not having children when really they dont know wtf im going through trying to conceive and having no joy wot so ever :( ill be glad when i finally get my appointment through and find out wots going on wiv my stupid body!

feeling really deflated today, went to see my key worker at arch (drug and alcohol service) and we were talking bout the fertility treatment im being referred to and the this had helped me not to use any solvents over the weekend. she wasn't particularly very nice about the situation, said i wasn't ready for a child while i was using substances to block stuff out and i cant even take care of myself never mind a baby, and then she went on to say she would have to report me to social services if i was to get pregnant. she asked me the reasons for wanting a baby, and i was straight wiv her i said that i wanted someone to love and care for and a reason to want to get up everyday someone to want to live for. i feel a total mess, cant stop crying bout the situation and really dont know wot to do about it, do u think i am doing this for the wrong reasons and that i deserve social services? we also talked bout post natal depression and she said i will be more susceptible to it cos i already have depression, shes not a doctor! :( :(

No she is not a doctor and she was not helpful at all. She should be supportive in any decision you make .

You are good with kids. You have looked after many and no thankyou was given so that deserves a merit. If it was not for you those kids would be in care I am sure. You care enough and when you are stressed then they should offer you support not threats .

A million wishes for all of this xxx

hi tinker bell-end

she has no right to 'tell you' you will get PND- stupid bint.

i have drug dependence issues as well ( a 'junkie' as some people here like to call me) aand i was not aware that the BNP had got into power in the UK and all us mental defectives had to get fuckin sterilised.

PPl like that make my blood boil. WTF does she know or have any right to lord it over you and your ability to reproduce?

WWishin you luck, x Kitteh xxx

i dont know why people are looking or even commenting on this post i am sooooooooo not worth all ur time and effort, feelin at such a low ebb at the moment i cant even top myself which really shows how f**king weak i am!

ive totally answered my questions i originally started off wiv on this whole conversation, i am not ready to look after a baby or even myself for that matter UGH FUCK OFF LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink you are good with kids but if you are not ready just take one step at a time . You are worth it so stop saying you not.

x

You are worth it completely are. You know what is right for you and you will have a baby when you feel ready. ((((((((((((((((tink))))))))))))))))))))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my appointment tomoro, im dead scared, just had a big argument wiv my fella cos he wont come wiv me< WOTS THE FUCKING POINT OF LIFE I HATE IT!!!!!!!! :angry:

Archived