Mental Health Forums

37 With Aspergers & Bpd - Help!

steve_sw

I have absolutely no idea how I got to where I am but I do see the chaos I cause and the instability of my mind.

I am controlling, jealous, insecure, needy, mood swings, aggressive then passive, inconsistent..... and on the verge of losing the best thing in my life my wife and children. I see that I have a problem. My diagnosis has been protracted and it has been hard to target the real areas where I have issues.

I WANT TO CHANGE....I do not know where to turn.....I do not want to be alone and I want to stop being destructive, can any one suggest a good place to start? Therapy has been a miss (so far), my wife is scared of me and I have the motivation but no direction to exorcise the demons in my head which control my life.......

Hiya I just want to say Hi and welcome to the group. My name is Hera and im 37 and I have high functioning Autism and BPD. I can really see where you are coming from and my husband walked out on me 5 years ago for all the same things as you describe. I would say stick with the therapy if you are still going and if you are not then go back. This group can also help you a great deal as well as everyone is helpful and friendly.

If you need a chat please do send me a message. I do hope you feel better soon.

Welcome again

From Hera xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi steve

Welcome to the site, I am sorry to hear you are in such a painful and precarious situation.

Can you tell us what therapy or therapies you have had, how long you have had them, and what your experience of the actual sessions, and the therapists themselves, was like? Understanding why therapy doesnt help can lead to getting around those problems, and as illustrated by the fact that there are whole books written about roadblocks in therapy, there really are a lot of reasons why it can flounder. The upside of course is that those reasons usually have a solution too.

Right off the bat, the biggest one is time. PD's can take in the 'years' range to change, and a 'short' timescale would be about a year. For many people it is simply a very long term process - much more like wearing down a rock with water than blowing it up with dynamite! Wish it could be moe explosive though....

Ross

Archived