Mental Health Forums

As Of Today...i'm Officially A Teacher!

fedup!

Hi folks

Well I did it...I finally finished my PGCE!!

It has been the toughest, most gobsmackingly awful course in the world...but I did it yaaay!

Oh god i'm now terrified. But can put that on hold and just concentrate on the fact i've finished my course.

**fedup! swoon thuds into a heap, arm strewn across eyes like silent screen actress**

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*rushes 50m and dives on fedup in manner of celebrating footballer*

That's brilliant, well done! Now all you need to do is work with silly, unruly, ignorant, Magaluf-bound rascals for the next sod knows how many years :)

Seriously though, a gold star is coming your way xx

Cheers!! :)

But oh god I give it til October and I'm singing from the rooftops with this lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUASiDg-kg4

way to go you hun! :D im proud of you for sticking it out, as 2 of my friends havent managed that........good luck with the little darlings! lol! xxx

hey, congrats! i'm starting my pgce in sept, sort of nervous, but mostly looking forward to it. how hard did you find it to cope with with mh probs on top? i've worked as a efl teacher for about 5 years on and off, and tbh, i've sort of found that my mh probs don't spill over into the classroom much, but i did find the planning stressed me out a lot. would it be ok if i pm'ed you with any questions i thought of?

well done again! x

Congrats fedup! What type PCGE did you do?

Esme I did adult PGCE, not sure if it's the same as you are doing but if you want any advice just pm me and I might know the answer (or might not lol) :)

thanks wsjulz, i'm doing primary, but will keep you in mind - any questions i have are more likely to be pretty general as opposed to anything relating to the actual course so cheers x

Oh My Word!!! :wub::wub::):)

Thank you all so so much for your messages....it really means a lot, thank you!! xxxxxxxxxx

YES too right the real work starts here - yikes!!

And I agree...it really IS a difficult course, simply cos of the amount of paperwork involved, never mind assignments and teaching practice.

BUT...its do-able, and here we are.

Esme, please feel free to ask for any help, at all. Just wade through it, bitch to your friends and family about it (and here, of course!) and harrass your tutors to death! You will be fine, I promise.

Thank you all, what lovely people we have here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey well done my H did his a few years back it was the most draining thing for him as he was working full time too. I am in awe at anyone who can get their stuff together to do this good on ya!!!!! Bumble

Archived