Mental Health Forums

Just Feeling Bit Low

hummm_mabbe

Hi

Dunno if others get this too ... been walking around, and of course all the summer happy shiny good looking happy out with friends people are around. Not that I begrudge it, far from it, its nice to see people happy. Just I notice it brings out those deeper poop feelings, especially when Im in a sort of (oh I feel silly admitting it but bear with me) "I would like a girlfriend" mood, and everyone looks more summery and well, fit :o I know shouldnt say that, naughty bad :(

Just needed to get it off me chest really. Meant to be getting more in touch with these types of feelings and stuff, but still feel like having a waffle about it with nice supportey folks anyways. Do the ladies feel worse this time of year with blokies out looking more tan and buff too?

Boo at sun, yet yay at the ame time as it makes scotland prettier (well trees and things)

Rossie Mc not wearing shorts yet

i second that roses :)

i do understand how your feeling...sometimes i feel like that too.

i hope the sunshine brightens up your mood :) xxx

Hi Roses

Ta for compliment **tries to absorb compliment** :)

Why do compliments always bounce off? Need to install compliment sponge ....

aaaaawwww sorry you feeling poopie :(

i hate the fact i cant wear my big baggy hidey hoodies in the summer...

nothing to hide my wobbly bits away from all the fit blokes...

luckily there is noone fit in my cricket team so no problem there - but ssssshhhhhh dont tell them LOL

o and cos i switch from jeans to cropped jeans in the summer i also have to shave my legs properly and regularly - no fair :(

huggles and snuggles to you

kath xxxx

Fankoo dani poppits

I feel such an odd range of feelings. Its like I am thinking "oo youre nice" and wanting to smile or something, combined with the feeling that if I did they would go :o GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME YOU CREEP and spray me with bad-away. So I end up having this expression on my face that is more angry / defensive than happy / jolly ... I dunno. Most of the time I sort of have a little look then stare at the floor quickly, or a passing sparrow. O to be one o them smiley happy as a lark types...

I understand hun, maybe if I say it over and over again it might eventually sink in?????

I think you look fit ! ;)

I think you look fit !

I think you look fit !

I think you look fit !

I think you look fit !

aaaaawwww sorry you feeling poopie :(

i hate the fact i cant wear my big baggy hidey hoodies in the summer...

nothing to hide my wobbly bits away from all the fit blokes...

luckily there is noone fit in my cricket team so no problem there - but ssssshhhhhh dont tell them LOL

o and cos i switch from jeans to cropped jeans in the summer i also have to shave my legs properly and regularly - no fair :(

huggles and snuggles to you

kath xxxx

BAN SUMMER :angry:

To be honest its ok when I go for walks up the golf course, no one fit there either .. I shot meself in the foot by going into town after me doccie appt ...

Internet was bein silly to me too, effit

Ross

I understand hun, maybe if I say it over and over again it might eventually sink in?????

I think you look fit !

I think you look fit !

I think you look fit !

I think you look fit !

**ping**

**peowww**

**ricochet**

**pyoooo**

**peeoww**

**ping**

Fankoo dani poppits

I feel such an odd range of feelings. Its like I am thinking "oo youre nice" and wanting to smile or something, combined with the feeling that if I did they would go :o GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME YOU CREEP and spray me with bad-away. So I end up having this expression on my face that is more angry / defensive than happy / jolly ... I dunno. Most of the time I sort of have a little look then stare at the floor quickly, or a passing sparrow. O to be one o them smiley happy as a lark types...

i think its really hard to accept compliments when you have low self esteem.im the same.

i assume no-one would be interested but thats just the way we see ourselves.

ross...i saw your pic and you are good looking...just smile and be yourself :)

*runs off shy*

i think its really hard to accept compliments when you have low self esteem.im the same.

i assume no-one would be interested but thats just the way we see ourselves.

ross...i saw your pic and you are good looking...just smile and be yourself :)

*runs off shy*

Lol i will try to

Its just smiling past the angry / anxious feeling tho innit. Trying to smile whilst feeling defensive makes me smile like hannibal lecter.

Rossie Mc Father Beans

You fibber you!

ok but i have known maxie since he was 7 and he is like an ikle bro to me...

it wouldnt be right...

I suppose its all sort of deeper than looks tho innit

I mean there are sometimes days when I look in the mirror, and for a little moment mabbe think "ok tiger, growwwl". But then the moment I step away from it, its just yanno, a feeling. Not so much anything I can put me finger on, just sort of defectiveness. A sort of feeling that the whole is defective, as opposed to any components, though sometimes it seems to attach itself to a component (like a bellie flub particle or something).

But yeah, I guess mabbe thats why compliments dont work - cuz it just feels like the whole is naff?

Ross

Fit people in Aberdeen? Are you sure?

I do totally know what you mean. When I was a student I hated the thought of everyone else sitting in the park in summer drinking and having fun while I sat with the curtains closed.

I don't think you should feel bad about checking people out. I mean, I know it can be depressing, but it sounds like you almost feel guilty about it. Sorry if I've got that wrong, but there's nothing wrong with finding people physically attractive.

Yeah, it is horrid sometimes looking at couples. Being on the underground with snoggy couples beside you makes me feel so lonely and losery when I'm single.

I feel like a bit...hmmm...replying to this, cos obv I am coupled up now, and I don't feel bad about this stuff at the moment. But when I was single, it cut like a bloody knife. Just touched that nerve that was like "there is something very very deeply wrong with me and everyone is part of a little club that I don't belong to". That's one of my schema thingies I spose...

There is hope though Rossy...I mean, you can either work on yourself til you don't feel that icky feeling at this time of year, or maybe you'll find a lovely gf. Both are poss, definitely. I don't even feel bad when I see couples now. I mean, I do if I see them snogging on an escalator or something, but a different kind of bad...more like I want to push them over.

hugs x

Hey Rossy, totally emphasize with the ladiez making one's singledom all the more apparent. Also feel more betamaley when I see buff dudes like you!

Just remember that a simple "hi" is usually all it takes to start something and the worst that can happen is that you remember that a knock-back is worth more than a regret.

Fankoo dani poppits

one look is all it takes maybe thats all i need!!!! sun makes me smile but its a lonely smile!

i hate this weather it reminds me o my mum way too much, she always does spring cleaning around this time of the year !! :'(

hope you feel better *hugs*

Abigail-laura

Archived