Mental Health Forums

Wilf

Roses

I am Wilf and I am looking for friendship and acceptance. In a cold, cold world where true love is seldom found, being of a mixed parentage (both cheese AND pineapple) can be hard on a hedgehog just starting out. I sometimes feel like my inner demons are pulling me in completely different directions and I'm not sure which is the masters voice.... cheese or pineapple???? I live by the ethos that they can co-exist in symbyosis but I struggle to find that balance i my every day life. Relationships are fruitless and I am unable to work due to my social issues. Sometimes I feel like I am just a trophy and that I am "dished up" as the main treat in some kind of sick buffet of life. Can anyone identify with me? Can I find salvation??????

I would love that Piuma, you seem very nice. I would hug you but I don't want to hurt you cos I can be quite a "prickly" person. Sometimes people feel unable to approach me as if I have some sort of cold wall all around me. But inside I feel completely different. I would love to be able to connect more with people and I think it might help me get back to work if I can. Nice to meet you xxxxx

I work in sales for Del Monte. Do you work? How do you find it dealing with difficult or awkward people? Do you find it gets your hackles up? Basically, I was for the "chop" due to downsizing and the reason they picked me was because I struggled in team situations sometimes and had some time off for medical appts and the such.

Hiya Wilf you can have a hug from me anytime. This really does well symbolise how I feel. I am soft inside and put up a hard shell and worry that anyone who comes near me will get hurt or pricked. ((((((((((MY Roses))))))))))

Also having two things that are opposite to each other battling is hard but how do you accept to let them be there together to co exist. How do you not choose to have one or the other or find which one you relate to more. I don't know if this is making sense cos I know it is kind of criptic but can't explain it another way.

Hiya Wilf, glad you're here. Its good that you've recognised both sides to your personnality! Now we just have to work on acceptance. Any therapist will tell you that that's ALL you need to do! Simple as that!! :rolleyes:

PS Under your cheesy pineappley spikes, what type of hollowed melon are you made from? Not that it makes any difference here, we accept you for who you are...honeydew, galia or canteloupe :D xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm afraid fedup that I am an orange underneath.... I even failed at that. The person I am underneath is just a fraud.... I don't have any place here and I struggle to understand why god was so cruel as to make me an orange??? Being a cantaloupe is something I have dreamt about for all my life. But you are right, acceptance is the key! Thank you for your warm introduction. xxx

Shadow... I'm so sorry you struggle with this too. I hope we can help each other to find a balance in our inner struggles.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry Wilf!! That was very judgemental, not to mention stereotypical of me! Am so sorry. You are what you are. We will love and accept you here.

Now gis one of yer spikes so I can chow down num num num :D:D:D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

((((((((((((((((((((((((((fed up)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you sooooo much. I have been on the outside for so long, it is so nice for you all to accept me like this

*passes you cheese and pineapple on a stick*

and the song is a classic, so classy and her voice is so rich!

Hello wilf

I hope that people do not just sidle up to you and steal the pineapple bit. Maybe put the cheese on the outside as most people seem put off by that.

Ross

Welcome wilf. You may be prickly on the outside and burdened by the synthetic products of life or the processed fruit that dominates the nerve endings, BUT you are welcome to shuffle around in this place of num num platters and finally find what it is what you are looking for.

Meanwhile give us a piece I am hungry :)

Yeah Wilf hope we can.

Hello wilf

I hope that people do not just sidle up to you and steal the pineapple bit. Maybe put the cheese on the outside as most people seem put off by that.

Ross

Why should Wilf have to change so others act different towards him. He should do what he feels most comfortable with and let everyone else deal with their issues of what he looks like. Not arguing just a different point of view from what you wrote. Sometimes I feel people change for other people and not for themselves. It should be about doing what we feel most comfortable with and accept ourselves and then let people deal with there probs with it. It doesn't work to try and change for others or try and be who others want us to be as that can be too higher expectation and ultimately we suffer ourselves in the end. Sorry just ranting.

**Suddenly wonders if I am seeing this as a joke that it really isnt and worries his comments may be coming across insensitive**

You are absolutely fine Ross. It is just me, Roses sssshhhhhhh..... was having a sort of ironic joke thread continuing on from the pineapple/cheese debate. Shhhh..... don't tell anyone. I'll hand you back to Wilf....

Hi there, me again. I like the idea of mindfulness therapy but I'm scared that when I peel back the layers I won't be able to function and that I'll just end up totally blended......

I agree Shadow, I should be able to accept myself for who I am but all too often I really try to be that canteloupe and it's hard to accept I am just an orange. I don't even like the colour orange. It would appear I am in contempt of my own reality. But thank you and talking about it is really helping.

And thanks Sassy *passes you part of me too* I am wondering how long I can carry on handing out parts of myself before I run out of puff?????

((((((((((Ross)))))))))))

Wilf it can be hard to accept what you are especially if you don't like what you find.

'quickly gives the part back' and realises what she said . I must think before I speak in future .

(loves cheesy puffs too) :rolleyes:

Archived