Mental Health Forums

Introducing The Greatly Endangered Shoe Panda.

Shoe Panda

Aloha. =) I found this site because I was looking for a place where I could find other people who understand what it's like to be mentally ill. There's something very therapeutic about knowing someone understands--while that should be obvious, I didn't realize how important it was until I spent a day in a mental health ward.

I've known for quite some time that I have OCD. It's been years, really, and through the years I've learned how to cope with it. But I was just recently diagnosed with major depressive disorder and borderline personality disorder. The BPD diagnosis comes as the greatest surprise to me, because never in a million years would I have thought I had that particular disorder. When my therapist suggested it as a possibility one day, I went home and looked up the symptoms...and laughed...and laughed...because at least 80% of it applied. And because it's such a relief to know that this stuff has a name. To know it's not just me.

Anyway, the rundown: I'm 19, I just got back from spending a quarter at a school in Hawaii (yes, as a matter of fact it was]/I] awesome :) ), and my mental illness is what brought me home. I think I'm making a lot of progess on it, though. My boyfriend is very understanding, having been there himself (bipolar type II), and gives me a lot of reassurance, which is what I need more than anything right now.

*looks up* I promise I'm not nearly as dull as this introduction would have you believe. xD

:wub: :wub: Welcome Shoe Panda :wub::wub:

You will find alot of friends here going through the same thing as you......Hope to chat with ya soon.......hugs

Hi,

I hope u find people here who understand i know i have! I remember how goos it was when i found out i had BPD and wasnt just totally insane. Its good u have an understanding boy friend.

Tory

I'm really glad you're here.

Like I say, if you ever need me or just someone to talk to... I'll be around.

email:stardanceraj@yahoo.com

AIM: fairytales817

Archived