Mental Health Forums

Isn't Bpd The Cruelest Illness On Earth ?

foreverborderline

Do we have the most unfair and cruel disease or what ?

I mean, we sabotage relationships with others and our lives...

We feel happy, sad, angry, laughter, tears, and despair all at once .

Never know if we are coming or going .. need to cut just to feel alive or something..

Need to yell at people we love just to get rid of our own intolerable pain...

We need validation from others, attention ..and more..

It is unfair .. just when you think you are outgrowing the monster that is BPD it comes right back to knock us down again....

It disables us so we cannot go after our dreams and do what we want in our hearts...

Just so cruel !

It is cruel indeed!

Cruelest I do not know,there are many cruel diseases/disorders.....

Lilly

For me it is an absolute living hell. The only thing that would stop me from being affected is to be single.

If I remained single forever, it would not cause me any problems.

I really do think the sabotaging relationship bit is the cruelest and worst part.. I have had this disorder for 15 yrs and it seems to be worse in the past 6 months than ever before...

For me it is an absolute living hell. The only thing that would stop me from being affected is to be single.

If I remained single forever, it would not cause me any problems.

Being single doesn't change it...it can make it a darn site worse. The loneliness,the depression etc etc

"Cruelest"?

...I don't think so. I'm not going to sit here and think that I somehow have a corner on suffering just because I have BPD.

But you're right though, having BPD sucks...it sucks big time.

*hugs to all of us*

Well, In my personal opinion having lived with BPD for all 17 years of my adult life is that it is the cruelest disorder to have ... you never know who you are and don't have any control over your emotions or reactions .. you see something you want or want to do and BPD stops you and keeps you down .. that to me is cruel .. and some of us do suffer in a corner unfortunately.

In my opinion i think schizophrenia is the cruelest mental illness. That is completely and utterly debilitating.

True Narcissa...but a Schitzophrenic generally is unaware of their behavior .. with BPD we are constantly aware of our complicated emotions..

it certainly is all of those things, probably the cruelest in soem ways but not in others, certainly cruel though, crushing, painful, debilitating, life altering, almost impossible to deal with......

Well, In my personal opinion having lived with BPD for all 17 years of my adult life is that it is the cruelest disorder to have ... you never know who you are and don't have any control over your emotions or reactions .. you see something you want or want to do and BPD stops you and keeps you down .. that to me is cruel .. and some of us do suffer in a corner unfortunately.

what do you mean you never know who you are?

i hear u there i have been diagnosed with bpd i have been single for the last two years and just got into a new relationship with a guy i totally adore ...... just so scared am gnna fuck it up! :(

hugz to everyone

rere

xxxx

I don't think there is really one cruellest illness, certainly BPD is up there in the severely cruel category but there are lots of other conditions to keep it company. But as with all severe illnesses when you have it then it is the cruellest as far as you are concerned.

Being single would change it for me, as we all suffer varying degrees of BPD. There are high functioning and low functioning sufferers and some in between.

My BPD ONLY affects emotional relationships nothing else.

I would not say it is the cruelist. There are far worse things to be suffering from in my opinion. I think the knowing what it is, knowing what triggers it, and seeking as much help as you can for it is the way to go.

It is cureable but the older you get the longer it will take - 2 years of DBT will get you 40% better. I'd take that 40% any day.

its cruel but and the same time has created my inteligence.. i,v had to observe people from an early age in order to survive and accomadate, i,ve studed people so much i know how they work (not very nice) but these days i,m gettin to know myself... my pychatrist said she thought i was emotionly stable! no i,m just inteligent the 2 are not the same... just because i talk in a controled manner does not mean i,m stable! next time i,m going dressed as a drama queen x :lol: :lol:

I would not say it is the cruelist. There are far worse things to be suffering from in my opinion. I think the knowing what it is, knowing what triggers it, and seeking as much help as you can for it is the way to go.

It is cureable but the older you get the longer it will take - 2 years of DBT will get you 40% better. I'd take that 40% any day.

DBT does help A LOT. I was in DBT for four years and wow...I'm so much better off than I was four years ago that it's like I was a totally different person. O_O

It IS very cruel, but I dare say Huntington's disease and Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy just to name two are far more cruel. But for us who are living in this BPD world the pain seems far greater to us I guess.

Bpd sure is a cruel illness, i guess to everyone out there suffering with an illness it feels cruel, but bpd has certainly made my life very hard. Gradually as i get older i think that it gets a tiny bit easier (i think!) :(

I know of worse, my son has niemann-pick c ..

I have the choice to heal myself of bpd . And given time and effort I know I can.

My son never had a choice and will never get better.

At least one can recover from bpd... ye it takes a lot of work and i am far from there meself.

Personally i wouldn't fancy a bout of Ebola,

i'm trying to look on the brightside of life today, trying v v hard... Meh.

Or a whole host of other nasty physical illnesses that sound absolutely horrific - yea bpd can make ya feel so horrific that sui seems like an option, i know,

ahh fook it im spouting crap again arnt i?

Archived