Mental Health Forums

"how Did She Know That?"

Katherine

When I saw my GP this morning I was groaning to her about having to walk to Cricklewood on Monday - which takes 45 minutes- to see my therapist, in the rain (its supposed to rain on Monday....)

And she said

"But you will take an umbrella, won't you."

And I thought

"How did she know?" :o

I mean, my therapist and I have talked long and hard about my tendency to not protect myself from the rain and cold...but I have never said ANYTHING about that to my GP.....

I assured my GP that although I have a tendency to not protect myself, on Monday, yes, I will take an umbrella.

It is possible that she and my therapist have somehow communicated. )or, I ceratinly would have liked them to have done...But still, it was a moment when I really felt known.

:wub:

Kari

Have you had such a moment, a good moment, when you thought "How did he/she know that? I am glad she/he does though.." ?

I told my former T on Wed. that she had the ability to read my mind and it scared me! :lol: She told me that she gets to know people and their train of thinking so it makes it easier to predict their thoughts and actions. Could be the same case with you. I think its excellent though because they are really listening to us.

one of the CPN's on my mental health team manages to freak me out by knowing me so well- I get all assy with him though because it seems like arrogance and end up giving him a hard time (I guess i am a nightmare patient) more to do with the fact that I don't like to believe i can be so easily read!

I used to hate being read. I thought it would scare people off but it did not scare my former T off and she still genuinely likes to talk to me so it makes me think I cannot be that bad.

However, I do have a advisor in college who can read me to an extent. She knows what I am thinking at times and has confronted me about it. That is scary because she is my professor and I feel like she is reading me all the time. I love her and she has been such a great influence in my life but her presence can make me very anxious at times because she knows too much about me.

Its good that you feel understood Karie!

Your comment bout umbrella made me think bout what i did last night. I knew it was raining it had been all day. I decided to go to my sisters and i put on a jacket that wasnt waterproff and didnt have a hood and walked to my sisters. I was drenched when i got there and my jacket was still wet when i got home again. :rolleyes:

((((((tory))))))

rain=cold and wet....I still need to learn this...

When I went to my first appointment with my previous therapist, out by the river on the Isle of Dogs, it was pouring with rain (roaring with pain as my dad says!!!) and I had on just a fleece. I was so soaked by the time I got upstairs in her ultra posh docklands appartment....

It was like in the Princess and the pea, you know...The princess turns up at the door all bedraggled, so she doesn't look like who she really is...but her reality is discovered...hmmm!!!!...

Of course its my tendency to want to be looked after that makes me do these things....make them think "poor Katie, she's all wet and cold and lonely" tho my therapist wouldn't say that to me for sure...she'd interpret it and etc...!

:)

*always carry a paca mac or a brolly!*

Kari

And yet the topic "Stupid ? from your mental health team" is full of "stupid (how did they ever get their licence?) healthcare professionals".

Archived