Mental Health Forums

A Good Few Days

pete06123009

i know from an earlier post today that i was probably feeling a bit down, a bit lost but after going for my appointment at my local MIND i feel i have perked up sum, tho i do feel exhausted. my journey began on friday night when i managed to get my ex-wife to agree to let me pick up my daughter that evening as opposed to saturday lunchtime. i was so so happy. tho there was not much planned for the few days (just take them as they came, having quality time was more important).

friday night (what was left) was a dvd, nightmare on elm street, she loves horror films even tho she is only 14, she laughs more than she jumps. it was great, curled up on the sofa with a drink and sum munchies. when it finished we just browsed thru the channels to see what was on, with her (hayley) on the laptop on msn n facebook catchin up with friends from school ( facebook is blocked frm her laptop), i didnt mind this because she was here with me and that is all that mattered. saturday was a doss day, just chilled, spent some time talking about this that and the other, felt good because its something we never used to do because of how i was like 2/3/4/years ago, tho im not as bad as i was then. it was great, her telling me what she had done, how her end of year exams went etc etc.

this is how it was for the days that followed and it was just great, magic. i felt on top of the world, me and my not so little girl. it seemed so long ago since we were like this. we watched dvds, played some board games, she helped me cook the evening meal. just superb.

we even went through old photos of when i was younger, her when she was a baby. we sat there almost crying with laughter. lets hope for more of the same in the weeks months and years to come.

i will hang onto these memories for a long time to come.

thanks for a great few days hayley, missin u already tho. love you loads. xxx

Archived