Mental Health Forums

A Tiny Bit Of Progress

icepops

Last time I went to a doctor was over a year ago, it had been 12 years before that. When I asked him about possible depression he told me to getout more and to pray.

Yesterday (I think it was yesterday) I made my intro post on this forum and immediately felt better than I had in weeks. I got up, went outside, and got a registration form from the doctor's office up the street. It sounds easy, but this is something I've been putting off since we moved here last September. I just went in, talked to a complete stranger for the form, and left feeling awesome!

Now of course I need to pluck up the courage to actually go back with a complete form and some ID, but this is further that I've got in a long time and it's all down to putting how I felt down in words on a forum full of total strangers.

Thankyou :)

Well done! Progress is progress, no matter how small we think it is. I think it is a huge deal!

You're giving other people hope and inspiration.

Keep it up!

Nina

Lemme get this straight: a doctor, a doctor told you to get out more and pray? Are you kidding me? What the fuck is he doing in medicine?!?

Lemme get this straight: a doctor, a doctor told you to get out more and pray? Are you kidding me? What the fuck is he doing in medicine?!?

I know! It was doubly upsetting because it was so hard and so embarrassing to go there in the first place! It's just made the idea of going somewhere else extra scary. Apparently he's had a few complaints about similar things so hopefully he won't be doctoring too much longer.

Archived