Mental Health Forums

Restricting *trigger*

x-Bliss-x

I've started restricting my food after maintaining a safe BMI for a while now. I just can't handle being this weight anymore. Thing is I feel awful. My Mum has always been supportive to me and even when things are bad, I know she's there. But last night was the worst night I've had for a long time. She was so angry with me. I do understand why she was angry but it just hurts. I'd restricted the day before and then broke the restriction yesterday during an 'up' phase of my mood. But then it came crashing back down again and I was crying hyserically for about an hour. I refused to take my sleeping tablet because the thought of just going to sleep was terrifying but Mum just didn't understand.

x-Bliss-x

Hi Bliss

I feel for you I really do. Im going through the same thing (hence my post Head v Ed a few days back) It can be so hard when you have supportive family around you as you feel you dont want to let them down but the flip side is the ed and how you feel about yourself and wanting to restrict (its a real mind job) and certainly for me, feels like theres a no win situation going on.

Has something changed or happened recently that could have triggered your thinking or attitude towards self image/weight? stress normally kicks me off but summer approaching isnt helping.

Do you get any kind of ed support and if so is it something you could discuss further with them? Are you close to being in an unsafe BMI/weight or do you have a little to play with?

I have never really spoken properly to anyone else who restricts (I feel awkward being a guy with an ed) but Im happy to chat if you ever need to (dont know what good I will be but sometimes its just nice to know you are not alone) I dont have chat access on here but I have msn or you can pm me on here.

Stay safe and be good to yourself.

Russ.

Archived