Mental Health Forums

Restricting As Subconciously I'm Not Worth It

Brokenbutterfly

I subconciously don't allow myself worthy things.. Meds, food, clothes, even down to my own housework.

My latest battle is the food .. I just can't be botherd to cook or eat. I snack

on bits here and there drink coffee (lots) but meals depress me.

My weight is curently 8st 7lbs I am tall so need to be more but I am really battling with eating hate it lothe it.

The feeling of any food I just want to go and get rid of it. Not because I want be thin. I am due some major dental work soon and this is terrifing me also I'm haveing nightmares about my mouth and past stuff. This is not helping me to want to eat :(

Do you guys have any suggestions ?? Or am I similar to another?

Bb x

i can totally relate to you reasoning over this

i do it too

big time

with everything

although with the food i tend to deny myself good healthy food and eat rubbish as a punishment hence i am very very far from your weight !!!

i really dont know what to suggest as it is a huge trap for me

i am sorry you are going through this tho'

perhaps things will ease once the dental issue is resolved

xxxx

i dont really know

i do know that for a long time - as a child - i had problems swallowing food, due to anxiety and stress at meal times

and that happens sometimes now, too

My issues in early childhood were starvation my mother used to not let me eat .. I was only allowed certain things . Also from about 3 I had to basicaly fend alone .. I could boil eggs and make toast.. But wasn't allowed too if I was given food I had to eat it all if I didn't I was not allowed anything else until that was finished .. I have one memory of mouldy veg being served back to me .. I only remeber this because ifthe beating I got after I had eaten it :(

Then in later life it's sexual abuse mouth issues...

It's related because we don't learn how to regulate our body's needs like a child in a normal home would.

And -YES- I went off the deep end last time I had dental work.

My latest nightmares are terrifiing me :( the thing is I have to go.. But I'll be alone.. Then I have to gointo hospital and have more ... :,(

My issues in early childhood were starvation my mother used to not let me eat .. I was only allowed certain things . Also from about 3 I had to basicaly fend alone .. I could boil eggs and make toast.. But wasn't allowed too if I was given food I had to eat it all if I didn't I was not allowed anything else until that was finished .. I have one memory of mouldy veg being served back to me .. I only remeber this because ifthe beating I got after I had eaten it :(

Then in later life it's sexual abuse mouth issues...

Sorry to read that. (((Hugs)))

Archived