Mental Health Forums

Quetiapinei

skp67

I'm just wondering if anyone else is bothered by extreme night sweats with this drug. I know it is a side effect but i am becoming seriously pissed off with them.

I end up soaking through the sheet and the underblanket, the duvet cover the works, i then try and push my hubby out the bed to move to his side even when i do find a dry piece of bed its not long until thats drenched. I sleep with the ceiling fan on but that does nothing to help.

I am seeing my pdoc on the 25th so hopefully she can sort out a different type of drug.

Can anyone recommend one for me that doesnt put the weight on.

Scally x

Hi Scally - the sweating sounded like an unusual side effect so I looked up side effects for your medication. It sounds like it could be more serious and that you should see your doctor about it. Maybe you should call this week about it. Anyway, hang in there - Detroitguy. Here is what I read:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a698019.html

yes extreme sweating can lead to dehydration. I hope you are not on lithium as well cos you could end up seriously ill. I would make emergency appt to sort this out hun, it sounds too much to me. I get sweats on it but not that bad. More hot flushes and the such. Soaking the bed is not a side effect you should have to tolerate xxx

I did think like you Walker but i had finished with the flushes etc around September time last year before i had started the quetiapine.

The sheet is left with a salt residue from me :angry: Just aswell we have a machine that can accomodate the king size duvet aswell or it would be costing a fortune in keep replacing it.

Thanks for all your advice

Scally xx

i really feel for you, it is so unpleasant,

only had a few - so far (lots more to come no doubt!!!!)

and it is really horrid keep waking up like that

(maybe i should buy a bigger washing machine for the v near future!!)

I gained about 14 lbs on that drug and I was only on it for about a month. I can't remember having night sweats with it though.

I also have really bad night-sweats with Quetiapine. I think it's my liver trying to push out toxins, my H says I smell like weird medication sometimes. I have been getting flushes during the day sometimes too but I was linking that to my cold turkey with lorazepam. Bumble x

I'm going to mention all this when i see my cpn's manager tomorrow, not sure whether she will be able to do anything though.

Now i feel right a big baby as hubby has put a waterproof matress protector on the bed for me.

And today i must of been looking really strange as i had people staring at me all the time we were out shopping, even in Boots when i got my prescription the pharmasist gave me strange looks. Yea all because i was only collecting 3 tablets. I hate the paranoia and its set in big time.

Tomorrow i am going to be a brave girl and venture to my appointments on my own on the bus aaaaaaagggggghhhhhh.

Scally xx

i remember when i was in labour with my son, and my waters had broken

all hub was concerned about was keeping the car seat dry !!!!!!!!!!

bless them

sorry random fact

I get really bad night sweats and had a diabetes scare recently prob due to the quetiapine.

asked to come off it, they said no....

Snowman i am going to ask if i can go back on to Chlorpromazine, and see if i get the reaction i had last time with it. Cos they wernt sure whether it was that or Venlafaxine.

Minefield!!!!

Scally xx

I get really bad night sweats and had a diabetes scare recently prob due to the quetiapine.

asked to come off it, they said no....

What! It's your body for heaven's sake. I just usually tell my psychiatrists if I'm coming off something without their permission. (It's probably why they think I'm a troublemaker lol.)

I just came off Venlafaxine because I was so foggy and forgetful on it, my hands were really shaking and I couldn't even write properly. Meds annoy me so much, I have so many unpleasant side effects.

Hmmmm...I did cold turkey from venlafaxine and regretted it. That was against doc advice!!!! Kinda not fancy doing it again!!! You are right its our body but I am definitely more stable now and that is their reason for me staying on it.

Hmmmm...I did cold turkey from venlafaxine and regretted it. That was against doc advice!!!! Kinda not fancy doing it again!!! You are right its our body but I am definitely more stable now and that is their reason for me staying on it.

Yeah you are probably right, it just annoyed me that they refused to let you off it. Urgh I can't stand being told what to do. :)

Archived