Mental Health Forums

Snooty Cow Horse Rider

hummm_mabbe

Hullo

What is it with some people? You know those ones that seem to walk around with a raging sense of Mary Whitehouse about them?

Im going for my walk, and I see a lady on a horse. Being the polite young man I am, I stood to the side and smiled, and said "Hi" thinking it best to give the creature room.

At this point it stopped. Stood still. It sort of decided "oo this bush looks nice" or something. It simply halted. It didnt whinnie, huff or rear its legs up. It didnt even poo. It did nothing more dramatic than stop moving its feet.

Suddenly, Mary on the back of the horse pipes up - "DANYY! DANNY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING???" and then looking at me as though I was some hardened animal-worrier, snapped "Its your jacket. You're SCARING him".

Now i was pretty taken aback by this (not least because the horse, at worst, looked bored and was probably actually sick of the sound of her nails-on-chalkboard voice). I had my rain mac tied around my middle. One flap had admittedly caught the breeze, and moved about 3 inches. I hadnt been conscious that an 8 foot high animal might be so traumatised by unsecured rainwear, so it was a bit of a surprise to suddenly be feeling like I had set out with the express intention of equine terrorism, using my coat as a Weapon of Mass (horse) Distraction.

I was so surprised this had come out of her gob that I temporarily felt stunned, and neglected to tell her that "being on your high horse" was only a figure of speech. Silly mare. :angry:

Ross

Oh silly mare -whinnie. I know that kind of woman like a voice that's gone through a cheese grater. Uggh. Bumble

Oh silly mare -whinnie. I know that kind of woman like a voice that's gone through a cheese grater. Uggh. Bumble

Lol yus exactly!

i would have 'its not my coat its your face'.stupid cow xx

Lol wish you'd been with me :) I would have treated you to an ice cream if you'd said that :D I am too shy and retiring, just waltzed off feeling thoroughly irritated :mellow:

MUST LEARN TO BE RUDER :lol:

Ross

I hate stupid people. Stupid stuck up people. Grrr to stupid stuck up people

Yus lol. Hope she stepped in a poo when she got off :)

i would have 'its not my coat its your face'.stupid cow xx

Lol wish you'd been with me :) I would have treated you to an ice cream if you'd said that :D I am too shy and retiring, just waltzed off feeling thoroughly irritated :mellow:

MUST LEARN TO BE RUDER :lol:

Ross

stuck up people piss me off.i'll track her down and tell her as long as i get an icecream :)

flake!!!!!!!

Oo yummie :) One o them really white splodgy types of ice cream that curls to a pointy bit. Choccie or strawberry sauce? Sprinkles?

boratbearicecream_1161708771.jpg

I think you better have sprinkles :)

Ross

this truely made me laugh ross thank you for shareing im with Dani on this one it were her face........:P hahahahaaa!!!! and ross you should have said "being on your high horse" was only a figure of speech ........ hehehehe!!!! :)

Lol thx jelly yus I know we always think of stuff to say way after dont we ... :( I was so shocked and angry at her that I just sort of froze and didnt say anything ... just stewed and created this post in my head :lol:

Feel better now though whooooooooooo

i'll have a tub of sprinkles and pour them in my mouth...i have done that before :D

are sprinkles the same as hundreds and thousands?

if you only eat one, do you have to go decimal?

nomm nommm nommmm **tips back head** :lol:

Them horse riders are usually really nice though, so I must make sure not to be grumply with the next one I bump into. And if the horse looks harrassed I shall bung the riders gob up with something large.

Don't be dirty minded.

Though I appreciate the compliment.

Ross

I used to work at a riding stables. Some of the people can be quite aggressive in the way they speak. It's nothing personal, but you just have to put on the same face and bark commands at them. I would have said loudly and clearly ''back up then so I can move''. Most likely she would have done that. Horses do get scared of weird things and she may have got frightened herself that the horse would have hurt you, herself or itself. I used to look after a horse that was scared of it's own shadow and reared up whenever it saw it. Some horses freeze on the spot for a few minutes and begin to overreact to subtle movements or gestures.

Sorry she was so rude to you though, it was completely uncalled for.

I used to work at a riding stables. Some of the people can be quite aggressive in the way they speak. It's nothing personal, but you just have to put on the same face and bark commands at them. I would have said loudly and clearly ''back up then so I can move''. Most likely she would have done that. Horses do get scared of weird things and she may have got frightened herself that the horse would have hurt you, herself or itself. I used to look after a horse that was scared of it's own shadow and reared up whenever it saw it. Some horses freeze on the spot for a few minutes and begin to overreact to subtle movements or gestures.

Sorry she was so rude to you though, it was completely uncalled for.

Aww bless the horsey. He was very pretty :) Big dark brown thing

I do wish that horses had pooper scoopers though

They leave these big mounds close together, and when you walk past, seriuosly like 100 flies take off and you can feel them touching your arms. GROSS

:o

Tis kind of bizarre cuz where I go walking is actually a golf course, theres a local stable that uses the tracks there.

Aww bless the horsey. He was very pretty :) Big dark brown thing

I do wish that horses had pooper scoopers though

They leave these big mounds close together, and when you walk past, seriuosly like 100 flies take off and you can feel them touching your arms. GROSS

:o

Tis kind of bizarre cuz where I go walking is actually a golf course, theres a local stable that uses the tracks there.

That is bizarre. I'm surprised they're allowed to walk the horses along there since the hoof-prints would destroy the green. :o

Archived