Mental Health Forums

Anyone Ever Seen A Neurologist Or Had A Brainscan?

littlebird

Just coming from the angle that sometimes MH problems are mistaken for something thats actually physiologically wrong with the the body/brain.

That can be so yes.

I have never had any such scan or anything though.

Are you thinking your problem might be more biological,something in the brain that they can see and maybe fix?

Lilly

i saw a neurologist in about 96 cos i was losing words and gettin words wrong, dissociating, losing time, as well as high pulse and panic stuff, hands constantly shaking...

was a part of a series of tests i had for such stuff - thyroid, liver, blood sugar, other blood stuff

they couldnt find owt wrong physically so gave me propanolol...

never even suggested mh stuff at that time... even tho i already had a colourful psych history dating from 91... hummmm never really thought bout that connection before...

but considering all the tests they did put me through - maybe you have an angle there with the physical stuff... worth an ask i guess...

I've had a scan. What are they called ekg? That was about 10 years ago. But as far as i remember it came back normal

you think they would go down the whole blood test/brain scan first with everyone wouldn't you just to rule they can rul eit out.

I think i'm just in a searching/looking for an answer mode today - either that or being a hypochondriac!!

I guess just don't feel 'right' atm not like my old self at all - keep getting this ringing noise in my brain too mainly at night when i'm trying to get to sleep but it was really loud last night and hasn't stopped all day today.

Hi littlebird.

i see a neurologist every 6 months,i did have a brain scan about 4 years ago or so ago because i was getting severe headaches,unsteady on my legs and dizzy,My results came back that i have cerebellar ataxia and also migraine.It is a in Heredity in the family this.

It is worth checking out.

Good luck.xxxxxx

I've had EEG's and MRI's... well i've had pretty much every test but those were the neuro ones.

I had an MRI when I was 15 - there was a lot of debate on the scan, they couldn't agree to what it was (although in the end it turned out to be 'normal'). I had another at 20 after suffering a very bad migraine, palpitations, tremoring, etc, and that turned out 'normal' too.

They make me feel like a dramaqueen! It would have been nice to have had things explained to me, i.e., why they thought I needed one and why I had such horrid symptoms the second time they took me in hospital for a scan.

Maybe I am just a dramaqueen. :rolleyes:

I had a massive panic attack when i had my second MRI 'cause i didn't realise since the first one i'd become claustrophobic :blink:

Safe to say i won't be having another MRI any time soon..

i reckon my doc would think i was a hypochondriac if i asked for one...prob am lol!

big mouth - i've heard a few people say its not a very pleasant experience must be awful if your claustrophobic :(

i reckon my doc would think i was a hypochondriac if i asked for one...prob am lol!

big mouth - i've heard a few people say its not a very pleasant experience must be awful if your claustrophobic :(

Dont worry about seeming like a hypochondriac.. I'm a hypochondriac too, i've had pretty much every test the NHS could do! If you want one done, then you should at least mention it to the doctor and see what they say. MRIs can be scary, they're very loud and sometimes you have to have an injection (which is ok if you're not absolutely terrified of needles like me lol) and i also found it a bit embarrassing as you have to take your bra off :o

MRI´s are horrible. No way to get out on your own, except they give you a button you can press if you have a panic attack.

I had an EKG done once because they suspected Jackson Epilepsy - the result showed I was extremeley nervous and very tense.

Archived