Mental Health Forums

Best Brand Of St.john's Wort

midfear

I am considering using St. John's Wort to help me with my depression and I would like to know what people have experienced when using it good or bad. I am unsure of which brand I should use because there are so many on the market but I have been told that the Quest brand is very effective because it is Standerdised and delivers 1000 micrograms of hypericin. There are many herbal remedies on the market that claim to help with depression etc. but from what I know St.John's Wort can be as effective as some antidepressants without many of the unwanted side-effects. I have always been open to the idea of using natural alternatives and St. John's Wort might just be what I have been looking for but at the best of times I can also be very sceptical of herbal remedies that claim to help but end up doing absolutely nothing.

I was on st johns wart when i was a teenager before i was diagnosed and sent to a psych hospital. I don't remember the company but it was bought from boots. It didn't affect me but i think it has a different affect for different people. Maybe i was too ill for herbal remedies. But it's worth a try.

i defo think the it varies with the severity of depression. I'd go for the quest brand if its standardised otherwise i'd say they are pretty similar. Also try 5HTTP which increases seratonin production in brain.

I'm a great believer in herbal stuff and have had much success with it myself in other areas of my life - have faith after all they say its mind over matter so if you believe it will help you thens its more likely it will.

Archived