Mental Health Forums

Been Refered To An Ed Clinic9

Tray

saw the shrink y-day he thinks my binge eating at the mo is a problem, and trying to purge

what happenes at this type of clinic?

Hi tray, good to hear they are doing something x

I guess every ed clinic is diffrent, i was assessed to form a diagnoses, then i was offered a place, which my ed clinic offered diffrent treatment. U may also see a dietician. what was the treatment was CBT, group things, talks on basic eating structure, all sorts of things. Also my anti d is to stop my binging aswell.

Hope it goes well for u hun, dont be shy to ask them what they do and all that.

xx

they wrap you in a bunny outfit and teach you to dance and sing with other bunnies

possibly

i think that would be nicer

Oooh I'm there!

It depends if you're going to be an inpatient or an outpatient - it would basically be what Barbones mentioned - if you are an inpatient though, the treatment would be more rigerous and structured, and obviously you would be staying there for a while. The aim of being an inpatient is to get you healthy again as quick as possible, whilst with outpatients it is more a hollistic treatment (in a nutshell).

it would be outpatient.

by the way, i am an overweight binge/purge/starver

i use to be bordeline anorexic, starving and underweight, noiw i am overweight with the same bad eating problems

i feel like a fraud cause it looks like all i do is eat when in reality all i do is starve or binge/purge

there are days/weeks where i eat nomal, but mostly at the mo its not normal x

Hi Tray feel compelled to respond to your post. also used to be extremly underweight. Now I am extremly overweight. I was purging about a year ago and now have a handle on it. However I share the same thing where I think people must think I stuff my face to be this weight. In reality I barely eat more than once a day and then pretend I've eaten more than have. Still my weight is at an all time high. I have to say it's really only since I've beeen on anti psychotics that my weight is such an issue. I've had two kids and after them was tiny, now feel like an utter failure I'm heavier than when I was pregnant. Hope you can get the support you so need. It's hard not to look at what others think of you but what truely matters is how you see yourself. There is a common perception that if you are overweight your only problem is stuffing your face but that's really not true and you deserve to ge help. Huggles Bumble xx

i rarely eat, but the last few weeks cant seem to stop, its like my tummy is so empty, but my chest it feels full?

like today, i have eaten a bacon sandwich, a ham sandwich,a bag of crisps,, and about 6 fairy cakes and tonite i am ordering a pizza cause i in by myself, its disgusting the amount of food i have eaten :(

Archived