Mental Health Forums

Zopiclone

elvin777

I took it whilst in hossie only helped me sleep a couple of hours, but others that took it were asleep for the whole night. Good luck

Scally xx

Diazepam calms you - its not a sleeping pill but zopiclone gets you to go to sleep not necessarily stay asleep. Neither should be taken for a long time. My doc suggested I take zopiclone every other night or 1 night in 3 to avoid any addiction issues.

Zopiclone is much better than Diazepam for sleep. Diazepam is prescribed as a pain medication and anxiolytic, whislt Zopiclone is a dedicated hypnotic.

Zopiclone is good, however i was on it for a few months straight and became addicted to them as my doc was giving them out to me like sweets. I was taken off them cold turkey and it was not a pretty picture. If you are going to take any sleeping meds please only take them when you really DO need them.

I have used it not so long ago.. i thought it was horrendous... i was totally aware of the taste it left.. like metal in my mouth.. it made me sleep but not a quality of sleep i was like aware i was swallowing the metal taste all night..

I wouldnt use them again :) xxx

I take zopiclone and have had the talk from doc re its addictive nature

i never take more than 3 nights a week, and always start with half a tab to see if thats enough to settle me, if i havent fallen asleep in 30 mins i take the other half.

but like snowman says, it only lasts for about 4 hours and then it wont necessarily keep you asleep

:excl: (if you have young children be aware that you may not remember "waking up" during those first 4 hours ... I have woken very confused in youngests bed a couple of times when he has come in to get me and i have obviously responded and dealt with whatever the prob was without actually waking! If you may need to wake up and be alert do not take a sleeping pill!) :excl:

Archived