Mental Health Forums

Motorsport Fans - A 'webber Crash-A-Like" :o

hummm_mabbe

This is from the Formula Palmer Audi race

Give them front and rear mud guards! That'll stop the prollem :) Not that they can in an 'open wheeled formula' but hey ho

Ross

its funny how some of the worst looking crashes leave the driver virtually unscathed, but ones that dont look that bad can end in horrible circumstances.

did you ever follow the group b rallying when you were younger? i love watching the clips and in a strange way its amazing how it was banned because of crashes......in reality it was the daft portugese standing in the middle of the track and no limits on engines that killed it off :( those were the days.....and the mighty ford rs200 never raced again :(

With the people on the track (people as crash barriers??) I cannot fathom the psychology behind that at all, but maybe that is just my western mind looking at it. Its obvious people were going to die - I suppose that was the point right, the thrill?

Couldnt really tell what the guy was saying as the 'drama' music was too loud, but I guess that was the driver saying "we arent doing this anymore cuz people are dying"?

I can understand cars going off and people dying that way, and its hard to make the entire length of a rally course as safe as a permanent race track, but why put the people so close?

Life must have been pretty cheap back then....

Ross

Archived