Mental Health Forums

Triggers

Joshua

Triggers are often mentioned on these forums and people frequently request that trigger notices are made clear. The issue with this is none of us know exactly what may trigger someone or why.

This is a mental health forum and people cannot be expected to label each of their posts with ‘trigger’ for the fear it may spark a response in someone. In knowing the likely content of such a forum and the background of many people who suffer with mental health issues caution should be taken when viewing any topic/post.

Sadly triggers and their effects are the responsibility of the person and to be worked through however you feel it appropriate.

This is not to say that people should stop labelling their posts as potentially triggering (Just that its not compulsory) just a note to clarify the position of this forum.

i think so because some posts i read about drinking adnd kids do trigger me but some posts that are more graphic i am ok with so it is personal and if triger warnings were on everything then it would mean nothing.

Indeed no one truly knows what triggers one person and can be completely unconnected.

All these fluffy beautiful pictures of cats remind me of the awfulness of having to put my babies up for adoption but it is my problem and my responsibility to learn how to cope.

Watching the news can be a trigger but the country doesn't pull the plug on tv just because it triggers people.

I think the position of Josh and the forum is right on this one. We all have to learn to deal with triggers as an important part of our recovery.

Hugs to all who have felt triggered in the past.... we can get through this together xxx

• Like 2

I wsih that people would leave suicidal stuff for crisis point and not force it into my eye line on the status updates. (Not letting me choose whether to expose myself to a trigger).

I find it really self-centered of those who do it. :angry:

• Like 3

Indeed no one truly knows what triggers one person and can be completely unconnected.

All these fluffy beautiful pictures of cats remind me of the awfulness of having to put my babies up for adoption but it is my problem and my responsibility to learn how to cope.

Watching the news can be a trigger but the country doesn't pull the plug on tv just because it triggers people.

I think the position of Josh and the forum is right on this one. We all have to learn to deal with triggers as an important part of our recovery.

Hugs to all who have felt triggered in the past.... we can get through this together xxx

Hugs hunxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree with notawallflower wholeheartedly. There is a time and a place and on the main page for the forum is no place to be discussing suicide and SH

run out of points again can someone please lend me one for sanctuarys post ta :rolleyes:

Done pretty kitty, my little demon honey. :wub: :wub:

I know from myself; some days I love horsing around, us taking the p*** out of MH probs; other days I only need to open up this site and I can't cope, start crying.

Sensitivity is important, but nannying doesn't do anyone any good. We are adults, take responsibility for yourself.

If I can't cope, and it's not appropriate on here, I use other avenues; Sams, for example

reb xxx