Mental Health Forums

Fave Beatles Song?

fedup!

Hi folks,

Well as you know I'm either really happily into music, or boringly obsessed by it. Anyhoo, what is your fave the rave Beatles song? I know I know, I'm being a cow, but you can only pick one or you can't play :P

I'm going with Dear Prudence. Now, i know people may sneer as its hardly one of their mega tracks, but its so hard to whittle it down and I just love this song so so much!! Its truly beautiful, and hopeful, and light and simple.

Anyways, over to you? Whats your fave and why?

Oh and of course....any Beatle haters....start your own thread hahaha :D xxxxxxxxx

Love is all you need I think,do not know a whole lot of Beatle songs.............................

Lilly

strawberry fields where nothing is realllllll!!!! love it i were brought up on the beatles music them and pink floyd lol mum beatles dad pink floyde

Come Together

First heard it whilst watching Bronx Tale and thought it was one of the most funktacular things there ever was.

Years later, it wound up being "Our song" after we saw a busker perform it on a day trip to Scouseland. It just seemed so apt, not least because it was one of the few songs we both liked.

Then she destroyed my entire being and the song (much like most things) would elicit a sensation of unbelievable despair. But thankfully, one year on (as a measure of a truly great song) Come Together has transcended the naffness and is once again established as one of my favourite songs.

OK I'll be the weirdo here my fav. Beatles song Everybody's got something to hide (except for me and my Monkey)

Helter Skelter. Other mentionable ones I like Rocky Raccoon,While my guitar gently weeps,Here comes the sun.

im not old enough to remember them 1st time around, and i prefer the stones and the who, but here we go!

driving in the car: magical mystery tour

getting drunk with friends: hey jude

chilling out: strawberry fields forever

just cause i like it: the ballad of john and yoko

their early stuff just sounds to cheesey - i much prefer the later more experimental stuff :)

I like 'A day in the life'.i went to see macca at Hampden in Glasgow a couple of weeks ago and was soo pleased he played it :)

lucy in the sky with diamonds is fab and just puts me in a nice dreamy mood. but like sloane i think i very very slightly prefer the stones and the who.

lucy in the sky with diamonds is fab and just puts me in a nice dreamy mood. but like sloane i think i very very slightly prefer the stones and the who.

oooooh! id forgot about that wee peach - good choice! :D as for liking the stones and the who a bit more, well,what can we say? great minds think alike! lol :sm.jpg: lol!

cheat at what?!?! :o u know me and music....i am the human jukebox and simply cant just have one favourite!!!! lol!

luvs yas! xxx

i love this song,my favourite :wub: ticket to ride.

I love it soooooo much :wub: And i love You're gonna lose that girl.

there's so many to love, but since I am being asked today, in this very moment, I will say it has to be:

She said, she said from Revolver

Sah

I'm gonna be different and say.. Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

Because its so quirky. And I like McCartney's voice in it.

And I like the way he sniggers half way through it (at 1:23 in the youtube below). Apparently Lennon hated it and he mooned him in the recording studio, which is why he laughed, and they left it in.

Archived