Mental Health Forums

Facebook - Good Or Evil

Starman

i think like everything its neither a good nor a bad thing in itself - its more how you use it that defines its worth... and that is plain old personal responsibility...

sometimes i spend to much time on there abd need a break but like the other members say good and bad really.Kitty.

i really like facebook, keeping in contact wiv old school friends, distant family member etc but it has caused me hassle for one particular reason which i dont want to share.

i also play on the games which is fun ^_^

i like facebook as i can keep in contact with my long distant family (australia, america) x

Hmm well as Ive got a minus for that, I guess I wont post the Jeffrey Dahmer, Kim Il Song, Saddam Hussein and Hannibal Lecter ones I had ready to go ...

Ross

Go through patches of spending too much time on face book, and then not bothering, but for some things like organising days out with local friends or keeping in touch with a couple of distant friends its been great...

my problem is i get a bit obsessive at times and "stalk" my doctor! i have all his family on a false facebook account under a different name... got photos, videos of him etc!! no one else knows that! :blush: really glad this is anonymous!

mostly facebook good.. but watch your privacy settings and ban bullies! (but not stalkers!)

i use my facebook page to keep up the pretence that all is well to family and friends and i am very careful who i become "friends" with on it though....if i havent met them, then i wont add them. facebook certainly has its place :)

I think I am the only person on earth who doesnt have a facebook account. I only just joined the twitter revolution because BPD world got a thingie going. Its part of my global avoidance strategy ...

i actually don't mind fb... unless you do the paranoid stalkerish thing like i've been known to do a few times.

"he's cheating on me, i KNOW he's cheating on me. i can just FEEL it" *goes to profile, sees comment by a female*

"oh my god. i knew it. i did. i knew it. look! see?? she said 'hey. you okay? x' and he said 'yeah, not too bad, you? x' SEE??? THE KISS!!! THE BLOODY KISS!!! "

etc etc etc. Now i've embarrassed myself. Please dont let me be the only one who does this. pleasepleaseplease! lol

Crip x

The fact that you need to ask-and so many people feel it merits a response-should tell you something.

It is not real life.

However horrid, messy, imperfect it is, you need to live in the real world. Lovely escapism, fine, we all need it at times; but thats all it is. Escapism.

Thats why people become addicted to heroin-because they need to escape constantly. Don't confuse lack of wanting to cope with lack of being able to cope-they merge frighteningly quickly.

reb xx

Archived