Don’t you want to hear my voice

All you seem to want to do

Is take away my power of choice

All my life I’ve been excluded

Sitting out whilst life goes by

Why can you not seem to see me

Why cant you just hear me cry

ty... :) glad u 2 liked it *hugs* xxx

i started that one ages ago, but i have been bored at work today and was going through all my files on my mem stick and found a bunch of ramblings and unfinished writings so i figured i'd "waste" my time more productively than just mucking about online and finish off some of what i started...

i hate being bored at work - cos i know there is loads of stuff i could be doing rather than just be stuck here with not much to do... i just hope the work picks up soon...

thanks pink & roses *hugs*

yeah Roses - finishin it was empowering - like ME hearing myself - kinda goes with trying to be a lil more assertive, and respective of my own feelings and stuff... which is what i am working on atm...

kinda fate that i found that unfinished work really - maybe i wasnt ready to finish it before, but now i done some more work on me, i felt more in a place to complete it... and the final lines came real easily :)

xxx

• 1 year later...

BUMPED from July 2010 (sorry)

WRT my status update, this is the poem i have submitted to a competition.

The theme is "speak up, speak out" against hatred and discrimination...

Closing date is 18th January...

I know i wrote it primarily about Mental health, and the organisation running the competition is nothing to do with that, but i thought it kinda fitted that theme quite well...

I dont expect to get anywhere - just proud of myself for submitting it is all !!!!

It's really good, I really like it! And yes, it is great you have been brave enough to enter a competition, I'm too much of a chicken lol.

Good luck! xx

wow thanks bibiddi :blush02:

and every one else who said such kind things...

i knew i could rely on all of yous for support :)

xxx

Yaaaay! You go Vill!

It's great that you entered a competition with it

- cos you never know, someones gotta win it and if you don't enter then you never will!

Love the poem by the way, i like ones that have a rhyming bit, and it's got good rhythm too.

Good luck in the comp we's all rooting for you :sm.jpg:

x

Late to the party.....most unlike me :devil:

Beautiful words, beautiful persona....................and if you are at a hiatus during Crimbo............me and the G always needs walkies, and are on the South Coast, we are at your beck and call :bigarmhug[1]:

thanks wolfie :hug2: sometimes my poems fit rhyming and rhythm... i also prefer that stuff when i read poems tbh... although freestyle fits better some themes... depends what feels right at the time i think !

i'm not too fussed whether it wins or not, just chuffed with me for having the guts to put it out there is enough !

and lol thanks apollo

although at crimbo i was actually in luxembourg so too far for walkies !

Archived