Mental Health Forums

Cutters: Documentary On Sky 3

JustOneMore

Sorry you got triggered Narcissa (((((((((((((((((((Narcissa))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I found it disappointing too. It only talked about a very small section of one nation's teenagers and I didn't like the Doctor and the way he handled the kids. It basically told you very little about the broad subject of sh.

Hullo pipplety poots

Sorry the documentary was a bit disappointing :(

I managed to find the one with Meera Syal from Goodness Gracious Me. It focuses on britain, and though in the first half it does focus on teenagers and what some call the 'fad' (not me, I might add) of self harm, it also goes into much deeper detail of the reality of it. Mabbe you will prefer this one ...

Usual caveats about triggers apply - there is imagery of blades, scars and wound treatment as well as the lengthy discussion about it.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/bPm7cqgaXVE/

Don't worry about installing the thing that pops up, just keep cancelling it and it will go away. Its just because its a japanese site and your web browser may try to install japanese character sets. Its nothing dodgy :)

Ross

Is there any way folk on this forum would feel comfortable approaching BBC/Sky/whoever about making a docu about adults who SH?? To step away from the general stereotyping?

Thats a huge ask, I know, but TV progs about ANY MH issues leave me cold these days!! They seem crap, soundbite-y (technical term, there) and as Slaone says, miss opportunities time and again :angry: xxxxxxxxxx

i would seriously consider doing this just to give the insight and show the broader scene of wot it is x

i would consider taking part in a show too - just to prove that sh is something that can affect anyone at any age at any time. the stereotype of 15 year emos sitting in their bedrooms listing to "my chemical romance" needs kicking into touch!!!!! ive seen a few docus on the subject, and EVERY one of them has this stereotype in it - very often the only time adults are shown, are when they are there as recovered and not still actively sh-ing.

ive seen the meera syal one, and its certainly one of the more in depth shows that have been done. (cheers ross)

Archived