Mental Health Forums

Writing My Life Story

Data

Has anyone written their life story? I mean not just a few words, but written a LOT about their life?

Did it help? Or did it just bring back bad memories?

Did you keep it private, or did you share? Did you do it in pen-and-ink, on a word processor, or on the internet?

I have written 5 posts in the life stories section of this forum. Also, I have started an anonymous blog which I am using to write my life story properly.

So far it has brought back a lot of bad memories but I think it has also helped me to explain some things to myslf, if that makes sense.

going over it does hurt and bring back some bad feelings.

but i found it theraputic and i could see how far i have come.

i wrote it pen and paper and ive shared it with 1 person.

good luck

I have never wrote my life story,I think maybe i will do one day though,what puts me off is i wouldn't know where to start tbh.

Well done Data on writting yours :)

I made a time line once, all the major things I could think of, it was long and I found spots that I had lost memory, when I was so sure I knew. I have never written a story, I don't think I would want to, not yet at least.

Sah

writing your story sounds a good idea. although theres going to be plenty painful sections, hopefully you will be able to see the areas where progress has been made too. writing can be very theraputic so good on you for giving it a go data :) (and the others who have too ^^^)

i have written all my adult life, partly because i was a publisher from the age of 17, but i dont think i could write my life story so a big thumbs up to those of you who try to :) xxx

well done for starting to write your life story, sounds a difficult task to undertake, good luck with it i think thts really positive :)

love jess xxx

Archived