Mental Health Forums

A Bit Of Help Please With----

Katherine

Ok, those of you that know me fairly well from on here....I need your opinion please...I'm starting on the Angry Heart and am looking at the Compass, indentifying where I am in each Zone--ie Borderline, Recovery and Free.

I am unsure of what to put for whether I do these things...

Am I angry, rebellious and inconsistent?

Do I use addictive activities? (I don't actually cut, have only ever scratched. And haven't even done that for over a month...)

Are my actions impulsive?

Do I have poor control over my temper?

I'm trusting you guys' perception of me---I'm really stuck on answering these questions...

Thanks!

:wub:

Katie

No...your anger is not consistent enough to be considered inconsisten or rebellious.

No you def do not have addictive traits.

No your actions are not impulsive.

No, I think your anger in directed inward.

thanks Emma.....much appreciated...thank you thank you thank you...

I'll be interested to hear other's views too....

Swan--

The Angry Heart -Overcoming Borderline and Addictive Disorders. By Joseph Santoro and Ronald Cohen.

ISBN - 1572240806

New Harbinger October 1997

Amazon do do it, but I ordered it from my local bookshop.

It cost £10-98.

Katie

It is good, Swan :)

Not sure where to start in the life history journaling of all the psychotrauma stuff. I think it's better be non chronological....hm, the most painful memories....????*thinks*

Well. with this Compass thing, it looks like I'm clearly in the recovery zone folks....dunno whether you'd agree with this....but I think I do, despite a week or more ago...I only have 3 out of the 10 in the Borderline Zone....seems like my major prob is depression...

Its interesting what you say Emma about my anger...cos my therapist is trying to get me to express my anger outwards, and I'm starting to, but there could be volcanoes as yet undiscovered in there...*glad to be back with therapy again after the break, very glad...*

Katie

Hmmm...I have been expressing my anger inwardly for the past three years...I have noticed since I have stopped drinking and hurting myself I am expresing my anger outwardly but its explosive. My T thinks this is the closest trait I have to being borderline. She is trying to teach me how to be assertive...happy medum. Think its a good idea.

Sounds just like me - my anger is so scary - my group is trying to get it out of me and I'm terrified and embarrassed :o

Have this horror of hitting and swearing, never mind what will happen outside group!

Archived