Mental Health Forums

Proof That Every Dog Has His Day

notawallflower

This morning (morning of my 30th birthday) my daughter wanted to spend her birthday money, so I take her shopping & I put some Dame Edna sunglasses on her for fun. Then, she throws a pair on the ground (you may recall that this is a severely mentally handicapped child) I tell her to pick them up, she turns to do so, and the saleslady fixes me with a nasty stare saying "No, not good enough. This is very bad". I say "She's brain damaged, don't get angry at her. And don't pick a fight with me on my birthday".

The glasses are put back in their place, but now she's yelling at me saying "Well, you're not!" at the top of her lungs. Me: "How dare you, she didn't mean it" Her "GET AWAY! I'm calling security" Me: (shoving all her soft toys towards her completely messing up their order. I know from the past she's totally OCD, you can barely move anything on the stand 1mm without her hovering over you.

Me: "I'm gonna smash you" (yeah, okay, I went too far on that one) Her "Go ahead, smash me" Me: looks her up and down, deciding that a 172cm woman who has trained in the circus is NOT fair game for a petite asian girl, who I don't want to hurt regardless.

Her: "SECURITY!! SECURITY!! (crowd gathers, making "tut tut" noises, my child starts crying, I move away cuddling her and trying to catch my breath). Several people call security, and I wave them down, explaining the situation, admitting that I should not have taken the bait. By now I have two older ladies comforting me and stroking my girl's face, saying she's beautiful and handing her $10. I am in the bedspread store and the ladies who work there say I'm in the right. The security guards wish me a happy birthday and say they'll go talk to the girl.

Another family stop and say that she was in the wrong, and then I re-iterate the story to a lady in the beauty parlor where I get my daughter a manicure with her $10. She has a niece with disabilities. The manicurist tries to give her treatment FREE OF CHARGE. The lady next to us gives my daughter $5 and my daughter hugs her, then everyone wishes me a happy birthday as I leave.

Archived