Mental Health Forums

Addictions?

stinkyboy

Ya know, i really envy people who have addictions to whatever and nothing else. I mean, that is so easy. I used to go to AA and SA and all the other groups and yes, i belonged there, but when you factor in the mental illness thing, well it's like night and day. Like i'm telling most of you anything new. It's just really annoying. I'd kill JUST to be an alcoholic. But no, i'm so much more. Guess that makes me special!What do you think? Later.

people with addictions go through the same mental anguish as anyone else with a problem. I've known addicts. I've seen them come off drugs etc. It's devastating to watch. I'd rather be ill than have to come off that stuff.

people with addictions go through the same mental anguish as anyone else with a problem. I've known addicts. I've seen them come off drugs etc. It's devastating to watch. I'd rather be ill than have to come off that stuff.

Sorry, but that is bullshit.

and you know this how? People are entitled to there own opinions. You may not be able to comprehend this. Don't be so disrespectful. That is pure ignorance.

what exactly are you trying to say stinky? im presuming you have been an alcoholic so there for you understand addictions. You say you are envious of other addictions? why is that, do you think that alcoholism is the hardest to crack? and that other addictions must be easily stopped and im presuming if you are envious of this you think that these other addictions are fun?

a lot of addicts, myself included, seek stimulants, whether it be alcohol, drugs, food, w/e, because they cant cope with the pain they feel inside. they may want to fill an emptiness, a void. they may feel like their life is nothing without their addictions. so yes, they do feel inner pain and turmoil and to have someone brush that pain aside is heartless and thoughtless.

I think people with addicts go throu problems themselves and there is more to it than the addiction. I don't think anyone can say something is better or worse than something else unless they have actually experienced it themselves. Everyone has different personalities and react to things different ways so people deal with things going on for them differently. Everyone seeks help in different ways and have different coping mechanisms they have learnt themselves so that is what I see as alcohol, drugs, sh, food everything like that is people trying to help deal with what they are going throu.

• 3 years later...

Addiction good for health but some time it is very harmful for health because more and more saving addiction it make poison and it's very dangerous for health. Some time people are admits in I.C.U because their are saving high dose of drugs.

Archived