Mental Health Forums

Just Checking In, Updating, Saying Hello

Ulrica

I know I haven't been active on here for ages. There have been a million and none reasons for that. So much has happened and my life has been in a bit of a messy state. I tried to go back to college, alas, no such luck and I had a nervous breakdown which I am still battling (although things have gotten easier) six months on. I am still written of sick (five years now), still in therapy and that's about it. I feel as though I peeled off all the layers and am now reaching the core of all things, this is where the hard work really begins.

My therapist suspects I have ADHD (as well as BPD and a host of other things) and I am going to undergo a neuro-psychiatric evaluation at some point. I am on a waiting list, but it's long, two to ten years they expect *sighs*

Apart from all the usual crappy things that life entails having BPD I still have good things in my life. Three wonderful rats, been with my bf now for nearly two years without major difficulties (which, honest to say, I never thought was going to happen) and I have a few, but wonderful friends. Life does have it's good moments.

I basically just wanted to give an update on what is going on, I still check in here from time to time. I see a lot of new members (hello to you all!) and a lot of members I remember from when I joined, and I am happy to see alot of you are still here.

I will come back from time to time. Sometimes reply to a post or two. I have not given up the fight yet :)

Warm thoughts and hugs to you all.

Archived