Mental Health Forums

Any One Been On Abilify/aripiprazole?

Pikachu

Hey peeps.

Ive been on Quetiepine for so long now id had enough and took myself off..i was on 500mg a day and was sick of feeling so crappy.

so when i finally couldnt go cold turkey anymore i admitted to the doc id not been taking them and i wanted something different.....

they gave me Aripiprazole and id never heard of it, ive tried so many combinations of drugs during my stays in hospital but quetiepine had worked for a while.

anyone had this Aripiprazole? how well does it work? anything from someone who has experience with it would be good as reading up doesnt quite give the right info.

cheers x

I am on abilify and I think it is a fabulous drug and doesn't come with the weight gain and sleepiness that seroquel does (I am on seroquel but 50 grams a day). It is great if you have mixed episodes of bipolar disorder.

oh fantastic! its great to know it works..and without the sleepiness too!!

im just a bit scared of the unknown.

i have clomipromine from my obsessive behaviour but i had no idea abilify could be used together with seroquel.

thanks so much for the feedback x

well ive been started on 15 to 20 to start to see how i get on, its for BPD but i really think they have no idea and just throw the first lot of meds at me they can think of.

I have tried Abilify. But it was too strong to me. there were hallucination and rigid muscle as side effect. I had to give up in couple days.

Hope you can find right med.

Maki xxx

thank you Maki, the muscle problem isnt very nice at all,i had that with the serequel but fingers crossed this one will be ok. xx

thank you Maki, the muscle problem isnt very nice at all,i had that with the serequel but fingers crossed this one will be ok. xx

Hi. I also had tried serequel... But, this was pretty same as abilify to me. I had to give up because of same side effect.

There is no good med for me, only Etizolam helps my life,like make me breath, make me relax for a while.

Finger crossed for you xxx

oh hun, its so unfair that you cant get any meds to really help you, i wish i could give you a hug and make things better :(

please be strong, youre a lovely person xxx

hi pika hope yore ok hun? just read your topic and is there any chance you could keep us up dated on how the meds are doing for you? as im looking for new meds to try and i dont know what to try. ive only ever been on floxetine. i have asked my doctor and she said meds dont work! i would be so greatful for your updates :) xx sending you some angel love and (((hugs)))

hi pika hope yore ok hun? just read your topic and is there any chance you could keep us up dated on how the meds are doing for you? as im looking for new meds to try and i dont know what to try. ive only ever been on floxetine. i have asked my doctor and she said meds dont work! i would be so greatful for your updates :) xx sending you some angel love and (((hugs)))

not a problem chick, im hearing some great stuff about it so ill let you know how i get on.

im amazed id not heard anything about it before but id been left to my own devices for ages until now lol

im off out tonight with friends...im crapping myself, eventhough ive been out with them before and they know im 'not well' theres new peeps within the group and im wigging out about them...plus im going to have some alcoholic drinks....not lots but im testing myself on the meds. ill let you know how sick i get! lol

xxx

not a problem chick, im hearing some great stuff about it so ill let you know how i get on.

im amazed id not heard anything about it before but id been left to my own devices for ages until now lol

im off out tonight with friends...im crapping myself, eventhough ive been out with them before and they know im 'not well' theres new peeps within the group and im wigging out about them...plus im going to have some alcoholic drinks....not lots but im testing myself on the meds. ill let you know how sick i get! lol

xxx

aww thanks for the update hun and im glad the meds are working for you at the momeunt :) hope you have a fab time tonight xx keep safe and hope your not to ill in the morning! lol xx

YOu have to remember that different meds work for different peeps differently! For me abilify literally saved my life. It made me well enough to be functional again.

• 4 weeks later...

Woah, sorry I haven't been on here for so long. But about Abilify, it gave me akithisia, which is this horrible restlessness in which I could seriously never even sit down. I had to take NyQuil to go to sleep and it was just baaaad.

Was that down to the dose? Lots of doctors are heavy handed with their starting doses and they aim to increase it from there. I need all drugs at an "exceptionally" low dose except those with pain reducing effects which I need at "normal" dosages.

I put "exceptionally" in quote marks as I suspect that in reality this is not that unusual, it's just that only high doses - which are too high for lots of people - seem to get official publicity.

im on low dose 5mg a day and it works in the sense that it stops me getting angry but it not working in the sense that i feel fully 'normal'... think it needs upping again x

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

Im off these meds now,i had a really bad reaction,kept blacking out amongst other stuff.was really hopefull but sadly to no avail.nevermind start from scratch AGAIN!

sorry i havent updated sooner...i had to get all meds out of my system after that epic fail,and i rebelled and refused any other meds thinking i could manage better...another epic fail.hope you guys are ok x

YOu have to remember that different meds work for different peeps differently! For me abilify literally saved my life. It made me well enough to be functional again.

Totally i agree with you, for me abilify has helped a heck of a lot against the voices adn the hallucinations and also it has stopped me from swinnging too much from being over happy to depression, but it hasnt stopped the depression. if that makes sense.

Archived