Mental Health Forums

Binge Eating Alongside Bpd

aries20

hello

I have found this site really welcomming so thanks

I have a big problem with binge eating

I have recently been diagnosed with "emotionally unstable" personality disorder and i am struggling so much with

Obsessive behaviour - making sure things are clean, turned off etc

Paranoia

Low self esteem

i am very controlling i have to be in control

...these on top of other symptoms of bpd (i am so tired i cant type them all, sorry)

However, i find my binge eating has been a big problem for 16 months now and ive gained 3 stone , actually i think its more.

I feel totally alone, although i am letting me family in, i try to keep things to myself and i was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to stop binge eating

x

sure u will get some useful advice, i binge on choc etc, but have not worked out how to stop, if it is in the house i have to eat it.

cad

Hia welcome to the forum :)

I suffer from Binge eating disorder too, with bouts and sessions of bulimia. When i lived alone, I would go long periods without food and then think woohooo and then blow it all by binging extremem large amounts. and so the cycle began again. I now eat what i want when i want, and this tends to curb the desire to binge....sadly got heaps of weight to lose but for now as my cpn said just havin a normal eating pattern is important and also the wieght will slowly drop bit by bit. i basically cant go on a diet as it trigger all sorts of bad behaviours. occasionally i forget to eat and that always sets me me up for a binge. so all i can suggest is that you dont punish or stavre yourself, if you want something that is a 'naughty' food, have it, stop when your full, i know it seems simple but its quite hard, and i send you big hugs pm me anytime if you need some help xxxxxxx

thank you both of you for your replies

im struggling, but trying to eat 3 meals a day and exercise

well i say im trying today is the first day x

i suffer from this too, i go throu cycles of starving, then binging, and vomiting, thou i cant do that well since i had surgery for reflux which im sure is partly caused by bulimia

i have just been refered to counsiling for my ED, wished i had more advice but struggle myself x

its so hard

my weight is increasing by the day which makes me more depressed so i binge more

if that makes sense, i feel trapped in a cycle and i dont know how to get out of it

i am so tired tonight

xxx

That sounds incredibly frustrating!

Do you have help?Therapy? Overcoming an eating disorder by yourself is very hard............

Something you can do though; when you want to binge name what youre feeling.What feelings are making you want to binge?

The next step would be to find other ways to deal with those feelings then binging.

Its hard though dont expect quick change,dont beat yourself up.

Lilly

thanks hun

i see a counsellor but its to help me cope in every day life, ive been seeing her nearly a year and im only just starting to open up

im so low tonight about everything, sorry im moaning on xxx

I find myself in someone else's body. Trapped almost. I eat in my sleep and when there is nothing to do I eat. I continue to eat when I;m not hungry. I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror when I do I cry. I used to be thin due to drug problem and I find myself reminiscing of days and nights in drug filled happiness and being thin. I was beautiful when I WAS THIN. How can I keep doing this to myself. Why? I want to go back, but I can't. I can barely keep it together. I watch my husband with fear that someday he'll realize it's not me anymore. I am alone in this I feel so sad and desperate. If anyone knows how to hlp or talk to me. I would appreciate it greatly.

hi,

im a binger too, i go on epic binge periods of totally minging food i wouldnt normally eat, choc, takeaway chips stuff like that, me n my p.doc came to the conclusion this is a punishment as im a complete health freak normally, i swap n change with my moods, like this week my partner as been cooking and tryin to force me to eat, today i have been awake since five from droppin off at 2am and i still havent eaten , ive had two cups of tea and now im pretending to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine with said partner which is a lie, the reason im drinking is coz it takes the hunger im now starting to feel, plus its the getaway factoor....

bloody hell i do drivel on...sorry i couldnt help as to how to stop but just thought id share so u knew u werent alone :)

suffering x

I tend to overeat, I am 20 stones in weight, and I also drink heavily. In the past, when I have exercised, I have tended to do so obsessively.

I hope you find a way around your problems.

I recently binged and I had to look at why just like Lilly was describing.

For me it was about comfort food. So when ever I find the why, I attempt to replace it with something else. So... what else is comforting to me? I like warm fires on cold winter days, I like cuddling up with a blanket and snuggling with my dogs.

I tried this with another problem I was having and this worked for me. I bought this guinea pig. His name is DR patches because every time i wanted to engage in the unwanted behavior, I would stop myself and go get out Dr Patches for ten minutes before I let myself do it. I found that after ten minutes with the guinea pig the desire to do the unwanted behavior was gone. He was/is so comforting and funny, making his little nioses and head tosses.

If you can't have an animal maybe a teddy bear or something else you just like to spend time with or doing.

WP

Archived