Mental Health Forums

Reputation Feature Of This Forum

foreverborderline

I love this board, most of the people here are sweet. kind, and helpful but something that really goes against all things mental health and kind is this reputation feature. Seems derogatory and putting people down who are hurting to give them negative points on their reputation based upon what they say in their posts don't ya think ?

We are supposed to be building people up , not tearing them down and the reputation feature can tear people down. Like one one of my threads, people disagreed with it and that is fine we are all entitled to their own opinions but to put them down by giving them bad reputation points is mean and cruel.

I think the staff should do the humane and right thing and remove this feature. Lets treat all people as equals.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even understand how it works :blink: But if i got a negative i'd be seriously upset and offended.. I take things to heart to easily.

This has been discussed before, there is no reason to restart it again.

It is there for a reason, and its ur choice if u press the button.

I didnt even know there was a button,being a newbie and all, and I only noticed this feature when I figured I didnt do an introduction and so looked to see if I was in the "introductions" section (which I was). I figured it was the moderators or somethin that did it.

you just gave a negative point to someone that was trying to help you.

Tried to help me ? LOL, that was a good one. There are people that do try to help me but the people I gave a neg click to were attacking me and they negged me so do unto others as they do unto you , no ?

The point is that the feature is mean and hurtful and should be removed. We are trying to build people up not tear them down right ?

Kicking a man when they are already down is not compassionate or "helpful" and that is what the reputation feature does.

and what would that reason be ? To judge people, make them feel worse and like shit ? Is this a MH forum or a popularity contest ?

If you have an issue with the reputation feature, or you feel you are being treated unfairly because of it, please submit a ticket and a member of staff will get back to you about your complaint.

There is no reason for this already long drawn out debate to continue on the forums again

Aurora :)

OK , so basically because YOU mods invalidate my feelings and you do not want it brought up again then that is it ? I see that censorship is still alive and well. :angry:

That's a little harsh.

Basically, the debate has been seriously done to death. I used to have strong opinions on the matter but now I don't. It's just there and will only bother you if you want it to.

I am trying my best to keep calm here.

Foreverborderline as the minimods have said this topic has been discussed before end of story,This aint going to be another 20 pages is it?lol

I am trying my best to keep calm here.

Foreverborderline as the minimods have said this topic has been discussed before end of story,This aint going to be another 20 pages is it?lol

LOL, nah, maybe just 10.

OK , so basically because YOU mods invalidate my feelings and you do not want it brought up again then that is it ? I see that censorship is still alive and well. :angry:

Hey Forever,

I can understand why you feel this way. It's not a pleasant experience. I'm really sorry you are being hurt by this. However, please know that most people on this forum are not going to judge you based on your reputation score! I pretty much only noticed that it existed recently. It's new since I took my break. You and I also didn't agree in that topic but we saw no need to get nasty towards each other and I respect that. Not every one will get along all the time. If someone gives you a negative, it's not really a problem in you at all but a problem in them. Trust me on this... I have plenty of problems in me to go by!

Incidently, I was away when this was discussed and if someone could bump the topic I'd love a read of it.

wp

and what would that reason be ? To judge people, make them feel worse and like shit ? Is this a MH forum or a popularity contest ?

The reason is and its been stated and fought through already, just do a search and u will find it, so if ur interested u go and find it.

Sry, im not going to go and carry this further.

I am also sry forever, that ur finding things hard and taking that people are attacking u, but i guess that and i will say, going over and over the same stuff and has beem descussed, is aggrivating some people, and like u, yes have mental illness. Not sure why even with some really nice replies from people is ur still carring on the self distruction road. I guess i should know, and do, but it seems to be going in one ear and out of other.

I do wish that this doesnt go on and on with so many pages and insults, to getting wrong thoughts and so on.

I will be watching, and if i have to censor and invisable posts i will! due to people know the rules of the forum! If u dont like the button, dont press it, if u dont like the rules, dont be here, is it soo hard to understand?? sry ive become aggitated, and ITS MY OWN FAULT, MY OWN CONTROL, AND MY OWN CHOICE, so I CAN LEAVE THE TOPIC AND TAKE TIME OUT!.

HUGGLES

Hey Forever,

I can understand why you feel this way. It's not a pleasant experience. I'm really sorry you are being hurt by this. However, please know that most people on this forum are not going to judge you based on your reputation score! I pretty much only noticed that it existed recently. It's new since I took my break. You and I also didn't agree in that topic but we saw no need to get nasty towards each other and I respect that. Not every one will get along all the time. If someone gives you a negative, it's not really a problem in you at all but a problem in them. Trust me on this... I have plenty of problems in me to go by!

Incidently, I was away when this was discussed and if someone could bump the topic I'd love a read of it.

wp

Hi wp

There's one locked on the notice board. :)

I found it disheartening that i have no rep, dont agree with it and dont agree with censorship either... it cannot be discussed on the original thread about it, coz its locked...therefore no-one allowed to talk about it anymore?

xxx

Hey Forever,

wp

Thanks for your compassion and understanding. Means a lot.

i agree forever the rep system is aload of bollox

it knocks peeps down for no reason

and is getting abused too i have noticed

but i dont post anymore i watch see and learn

btw i love reading the 20 pages or more of all your topics there quiet interesting lol

i agree forever the rep system is aload of bollox

it knocks peeps down for no reason

and is getting abused too i have noticed

but i dont post anymore i watch see and learn

btw i love reading the 20 pages or more of all your topics there quiet interesting lol

OMG Shellybelly! I so remember you! So good to see you again. You get my tick :)

WP

Archived